Notices

Old 04-27-2017, 07:57 PM   #1501
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
After many visible changes in the previous versions, here is COPS 1.1.0 where most of the changes are under the hood.

* Upgraded to PHPMailer 5.2.21.
* Merged a huge PR that clean most of COPS source code. Thanks to Markus Birth for his work and his patience.
* Updated German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish translations. Check Transifex for the authors.
* Fixed a bad external dependency in login.html causing problem with HTTPS. Thanks to polytan02.
* Fixed minor gui nitpick.
* Added automatic redirection to the OPDS feed for many new Android apps (see #309). Thanks to horus68.
* Added a configuration item to set the mail subject.

The biggest change is the switch to composer. So if you use a PHP version > 5.6 then the upgrade should be painless. If you use an older version then you may have some problem, please open an issue at Github.

One other thing, for the first time in years, I did not checked this forum at all for the last 4 months so if you find an error, please open an issue on Github.
Vlad,

Great software! The folks I share my library with like the interface much better than Ubooquity. I have both set up on my QNAP NAS.

However...

I would like to offer some suggestions for your next major iteration.

1. I would like to see an (optional?) user login (username, password) feature.

2. Logging. This could include user info such as login day/time, books read and/or downloaded, etc. It would be great if it was comma-separated so it could be pulled directly into a spreadsheet, but hey, I can work with it as long as its text with a consistent format!

3. A way to show non-Calibre files. Ubooquity has a simple method of showing "Raw Files" and it is just a simple listing of a given folders contents, available to download but not to view online. No covers or description files necessary. This could include all files such as images, movies, music, audio books, etc.

I know any addition adds to size and complexity, but the COPS UI is awesome and I would sure like to be able to do it all in one program that has a better interface for eBooks than Uboo.

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:25 AM   #1502
zab0
zab0 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariosipad View Post
@zab0
Did you ever succeed?
No, all my attempts kept broking the installation. I simply don't know enough about apache to solve this. Yet.
So for now I set it aside, as it was more about tidiness of coding, and switched the focus on how to update my metadata.db file (the one read by COPS) as my library grows. See, my COPS installation resides on a NAS but for some reason Calibre won't work with a db placed on a networked drive. So for now I have to update (with Calibre) a local copy of my library then mirror it (ebook files and metadata.db) on the server. I'm serching for a way to automate this. For now I just moved my library under the directory visible to the http server (/var/www), thus losing the benefits of COPS (plus, it's ugly), but I plan to dig into P2P syncing (Bittorrent Sync, Syncthing) to see if it's for me.
zab0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #1503
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@zab0
What NAS are you using. If it's a Synology I might try myself and hopefully be able to help you.

I sync my calibre ebook files between my desktop (with Calibre) and a Linux server/NAS (with COPS) with rsync.
If your desktop is Windows you can try DeltaCopy: http://www.aboutmyip.com/AboutMyXApp/DeltaCopy.jsp

I use the multiple library functionality of COPS.
- one (or more) "large" calibre-libraries with "archived" ebooks/pdf's/comics - the libraries hardly ever change. (no need to sync regularly)
- one smaller library with new (recently acquired) ebooks/pdf's/comics I plan to read or check out if I will really read them. (can be synced or copied regularly from desktop to NAS)
- once every n-months I do a cleanup of the smaller library and use Calibre to incorporate the remaining books in the larger archive libraries. I then make a fresh copy to the NAS.
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #1504
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by zab0 View Post
No, all my attempts kept broking the installation. I simply don't know enough about apache to solve this. Yet.
So for now I set it aside, as it was more about tidiness of coding, and switched the focus on how to update my metadata.db file (the one read by COPS) as my library grows. See, my COPS installation resides on a NAS but for some reason Calibre won't work with a db placed on a networked drive. So for now I have to update (with Calibre) a local copy of my library then mirror it (ebook files and metadata.db) on the server. I'm serching for a way to automate this. For now I just moved my library under the directory visible to the http server (/var/www), thus losing the benefits of COPS (plus, it's ugly), but I plan to dig into P2P syncing (Bittorrent Sync, Syncthing) to see if it's for me.
As @mariosipad mentioned, you can use rsync (linux) or something similar to mirror your master calibre databases to the NAS. To automate it, you can use crontab (again, linux) and put in any update schedule you prefer. I think Windows also has a "scheduler" you can use to automate running programs and scripts.
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 04:06 PM   #1505
JonMoss
JonMoss began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet and SmartPhone
Upgrade Instructions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
After many visible changes in the previous versions, here is COPS 1.1.0 where most of the changes are under the hood.

* Upgraded to PHPMailer 5.2.21.
* Merged a huge PR that clean most of COPS source code. Thanks to Markus Birth for his work and his patience.
* Updated German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish translations. Check Transifex for the authors.
* Fixed a bad external dependency in login.html causing problem with HTTPS. Thanks to polytan02.
* Fixed minor gui nitpick.
* Added automatic redirection to the OPDS feed for many new Android apps (see #309). Thanks to horus68.
* Added a configuration item to set the mail subject.

The biggest change is the switch to composer. So if you use a PHP version > 5.6 then the upgrade should be painless. If you use an older version then you may have some problem, please open an issue at Github.

One other thing, for the first time in years, I did not checked this forum at all for the last 4 months so if you find an error, please open an issue on Github.
I just discovered that you'd released a major update to COPS and I would like to update my 1.0.1 install. It's running on Kubuntu Linux ver 16.x (not sure of the particulars as I'm not currently logged into that server but I can get them if needed).

Is there a 'howto' for upgrading an install of COPS?

Thanks and much obliged,

Jon Moss
JonMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 03:33 PM   #1506
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@JoMoss

Just read the readme.md file @ https://github.com/seblucas/cops

I would suggest you install the latest release 1.1.1 from zip in a new cops directory /var/www/html/cops after renaming the existing cops to cops-old. Then copy your current config_local.php int the new cops installation.

Enjoy cops!
Old 05-07-2017, 03:57 PM   #1507
superturrican
superturrican began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
I put the latest version on, in the hope of fixing the 404 error I always get when I click a download link - it didn't fix it. What can I do to fix it?

Here is the error log entry:

Code:
2017/05/07 20:48:25 [error] 19943#0: *64282 open() "/media/74060434-2ba8-45c1-b2e0-6aa056b1d6ca/opds//download/3150/Book - Author.epub" failed (2: No such file or directory), client: ::ffff:192.168.0.80, server: , request: "GET /download/3150/Book%20-%20Author.epub HTTP/1.1", host: "192.168.0.12:5555", referrer: "http://192.168.0.12:5555/index.php?page=10"
edit: I use nginx, the COPS server is running on port 5555
superturrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 05:47 PM   #1508
mariosipad
Guru

@supertirrican

Do you get the error when downloading with your kobo AND with a browser like firefox?

Have you enabled url rewriting in config_local.php?
If you have, what is the effect of disabling it?
Can you now download with a browser (but not with a kobo)?
Old 05-07-2017, 07:07 PM   #1509
superturrican

Quote:
@supertirrican

Do you get the error when downloading with your kobo AND with a browser like firefox?
I get the same error on my mobile, tablet, kobo, PC (firefox, chrome, IE).
Quote:
Have you enabled url rewriting in config_local.php?
If you have, what is the effect of disabling it?
Can you now download with a browser (but not with a kobo)?
Yes, I had url rewriting enabled, then I disabled it, and I can now download from a browser on PC but not with the kobo.

edit: Now, can you explain what I need to do to get Kobo downloads to work? I can provide copies of my config files if that helps.

Last edited by superturrican; 05-08-2017 at 08:08 AM.
Old 05-08-2017, 10:44 AM   #1510
mariosipad
Guru

@superturrican

I'm an enthusiastic COPS user. I use Apache and before today had never installed NGINX.
So today I devoted considerable time and effort to installing NGINX and trying to make COPS work.

OK, I got COPS to work the way I wanted it to EXCEPT when I want to use it with my Kobo Glo HD. Just like you I have not been able to make rewriting (and thus downloading on a Kobo) work.
What did I do:
1 - $config['cops_use_url_rewriting'] = "1";
2 - in /etc/nginx/sites-available I added:
Code:
    	#Useful only for Kobo reader
    	location /download/ {
          	rewrite ^/download/(\d+)/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$ /fetch.php?data=$1&db=$2&type=$3 last;
          	rewrite ^/download/(\d+)/.*\.(.*)$ /fetch.php?data=$1&type=$2 last;
          	break;
        }
Have you done more or less? Maybe post the relevant lines of your config files.

PS1: $config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "X-Accell-Redirect"; broke loading of images, but also did not help with downloading.

PS2: I installed nginx on a rather old server using an obsolete OS and with an old version of nginx / PHP and the latest version of COPS. And everything worked except rewriting. Maybe I did something wrong?
Old 05-08-2017, 12:25 PM   #1511
superturrican

I tried adding your rewrite rules into the relevant nginx config file and restarting the service, but it seems to have made no difference to the outcome.

From the log entry it's like COPS is attempting to get the ebook files from the web root as specified in the nginx config file, rather than the actual ebook file path $config['calibre_directory'] as specified in config_local.php. Odd.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:51 PM   #1512
mariosipad
Guru

I found those lines in https://github.com/seblucas/cops/wik...ple-with-Nginx
Old 05-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #1513
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Hi,
I updated (on mac os x sierra) php to latest version and cops to latest version. The old cops still works but the new one doesn't. In the cops folder, is there a file which should point to the location of the new php for cops to work?
I'm using Abyss web server which has been working fine so far with Cops 1.0.1
Thank you.

Last edited by inthemood; 05-11-2017 at 07:41 AM.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:59 AM   #1514
mariosipad
Guru

How did you update COPS?
Installed from sources with "git clone" or downloaded the "release" zip from https://github.com/seblucas/cops/releases?
It makes a difference in what to do after installing to make COPS work.

See: https://github.com/seblucas/cops/blob/master/README.md
Old 05-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #1515
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
How did you update COPS?
Installed from sources with "git clone" or downloaded the "release" zip from https://github.com/seblucas/cops/releases?
It makes a difference in what to do after installing to make COPS work.

See: https://github.com/seblucas/cops/blob/master/README.md
Hi,
I downloaded the zip file, unzipped it and put the cops folder where the previous one was. I renamed the old cops folder to "cops old". Copied the local configuration from the old cops folder, and it doesn't work. The old one still does (when I call it "cops" and the new one "cops new".

Last edited by inthemood; 05-11-2017 at 11:36 AM.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology