Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (XtianBk) Identity: Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker [Christian Horror Thriller]

Identity: Eyes Wide Open by Ted Dekker is the 1st in his Outlaw Chronicles series of what look like faith-based horror thrillers, free courtesy of Christian publisher Creative Trust Media.

Currently free to pre-order @ Christian Book (slated for Dec 28th; available in limited locales, apparently).

Description
Who am I?
My name is Christy Snow. I'm seventeen and I'm about to die. I'm buried in a coffin under tons of concrete. No one knows where I am. My heart sounds like a monster with clobber feet, running straight toward me.

I'm lying on my back, soaked with sweat from the hair on my head to the soles of my feet. My hands and feet won't stop shaking. Some will say that I m not really here. Some will say I'm delusional. Some will say that I don't even exist. But who are they? I'm the one buried in a grave.

My name is Christy Snow. I'm seventeen. I'm about to die.

So who are you?

In a return to the kind of storytelling that made Black, Showdown and Three unforgettable, Ted Dekker drags that question into the light with this modern day parable about how we see ourselves. Humming with intensity and blindsided twists, Eyes Wide Open is raw adrenaline from the first page to the last pure escapism packed with inescapable truth. Not all is as it seems. Or is it? Strap yourself in for the ride of your life. Literally.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
mayoi
mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.mayoi writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: PW2 and K3 Kindles, TF101
Thanks!
mayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Just FYI, this appears to be a teaser for the full book, which releases later.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Just FYI, this appears to be a teaser for the full book, which releases later.
Just for clarification, this book is part of a four part episodic series. They are shorter than most of his books are are intended to fit together into one novel.
bakura82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #5
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
His publicist hit my site - there are four "books", together they are sold as one paperback that is under 300 pages in length. A "book 1" version won't be sold on paper, and the full 300 pages is about $12 in price.

That makes this a novella length work, probably around 75 pages, assuming it can even stand alone, or just part I of an actual book (which puts it back into the teaser sample trash pile, for me; some of the publishers have decided this is all they need to give away, since the fake freebies work so well at Amazon -- it may not build sales on it's own, but it inflates rankings and that alone can build sales).

If this were a graphic novel, then shorter editions would make more sense. Presumably that is not the case, for this book.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:52 PM   #6
bakura82
Zealot
bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.bakura82 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks for the info. I've read many of his books and have enjoyed a fair number of them, for the most part. I've never seen a book done this way and I can't say it's something I would have recommended. Guess I will just have to read to find out.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #7
bakura82
Zealot

So they just released the book and what I find interesting is that they not only provided it in multiple e-Book formats, but they also provided the Audiobook free.

Kind of neat... even if the free "episode" is a marketing gimmick to pull you into the novel.

Link: http://unbouncepages.com/identitydownload/
Old 01-03-2013, 12:50 AM   #8
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
I just read this, and wow. This is the Ted Dekker I know. I'm not really into the whole "religious book" thing, but his books are just so good that I don't mind some spirituality. (The book Three and Obsessed come to mind)

I picked up the 2nd in the series right away.

Just an FYI, the full 4 part series will be available for $9.99 in eBook format on 2/4/2013, but if you get each part on it's own it'll save you a buck since book one is free right now.

http://unbouncepages.com/eyeswideopen/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
bakura82
Zealot

Even though I have been distracted from finishing the first "episode" for a couple of days, I really like it so far. I plan to wait until the full novel is out, though. I can barely stand the wait on a series of novels as it is. An episodic book is much worse. *grin* In a way, I am grateful for the distraction that is allowing me to wait.
Old 01-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #10
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
next monday the final part comes out. I can hardly wait!
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote