Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Mine didnt get deleted all at once it was 1 here then another a few weeks later etc. IF it been a system failure I sure some one would have given a heads up. All I remember is when they vanished the message said I reached my limits & they were gone from my PC K3 & Account page!
What was the book titles of the missing books? Maybe we can track down the cause of it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #17
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Last one that went missing was 6 months ago so no clue what they were at this time.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:43 PM   #18
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Location of eBooks for your account

Quote:
Last one that went missing was 6 months ago so no clue what they were at this time.
Go to Amazon \ Manage Your Kindle \ Books and you will see all the books you purchased for your Kindles.

You can re-send them to your Kindles from there as many times as you wish.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #19
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Well since I HAVE Downloaded some of my ebooks 6 times to SAME device then on the 7th Been told No! Only way to get lic to re-read them again is to re buy them .... I say your WRONG! Others on MR have commented the same so its not just me.
I would suggest you check with Amazon on this, I can confirm I have at least 10 books which I have downloaded on the same device more than six times and I have NEVER had to repurchase the same book again.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #20
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Repurchase books

Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I would suggest you check with Amazon on this, I can confirm I have at least 10 books which I have downloaded on the same device more than six times and I have NEVER had to repurchase the same book again.
The only way you will be required to repurchase books is if you delete them permanently from your library at Amazon under: My Account \ Manage You Kindle.

If you allow someone else access to your account, they may have deleted those books and / or movies from your Library.

That is why Parental Controls should always be maintained on your devices to block access to purchase at the Amazon store especially if more than one person can use them.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-16-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #21
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hummm You too funny! No I Dont need Parent Control My son is 38 & Never goes on Amazon muchless into my account. They are NOT in Manage Kindle Content. Cant download what is Not there.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:20 AM   #22
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hummm You too funny! No I Dont need Parent Control My son is 38 & Never goes on Amazon muchless into my account. They are NOT in Manage Kindle Content. Cant download what is Not there.
Are these purchased books or books that you have purchased that were free? Now I have seen some of my "free" books disappear but never any of my paid ones.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:16 PM   #23
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

These were Freebies by Amazon. Glad some one else knows this happens! My Movies are also Freebies. Which is why I asked the Question.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:20 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Now I have seen some of my "free" books disappear but never any of my paid ones.
I'd be curious to know any titles that went missing (so I can check my account) if you can remember. To the best of my knowledge I've never had a freebie go missing and "buying" for $0.00 is still "buying" meaning that they shouldn't disappear.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #25
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

These are the ones that I know for sure have disappeared from my library. I once asked Amazon CS about it and they said the publisher has the option to put a time limit on the availability of the "free" period. Of course when I purchased them I never noticed they had a time limit on them. Luckily these were ones I purchased when I first bought my kindle and their loss is no big deal:

M. Williams Phelps Devil's Rooming House
Kathryne Kennedy Enchanting the Lady
Milam McGraw Propst A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street: A Novel
Leslie Langtry Guns Will Keep Us Together
Stacey Cochran The Kiribati Test
Kevin Leman Sheet Music
Nancy Moser Mozart's Sister
Old 11-16-2012, 01:22 PM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I once asked Amazon CS about it and they said the publisher has the option to put a time limit on the availability of the "free" period.
This is the first I've heard of it. They can of course limit how long it's offered for sale at $0.00, but I've never seen or heard anything about them being able to limit how long it's in your library. That defeats the idea of the cloud as Amazon promotes it.

Quote:
M. Williams Phelps Devil's Rooming House
Kathryne Kennedy Enchanting the Lady
Milam McGraw Propst A Flower Blooms on Charlotte Street: A Novel
Leslie Langtry Guns Will Keep Us Together
Stacey Cochran The Kiribati Test
Kevin Leman Sheet Music
Nancy Moser Mozart's Sister
Interesting. I got all but the first of those as freebies, back when I grabbed freebies just because they were free, and they're still all available on my MYK page.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:59 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
This is the first I've heard of it. They can of course limit how long it's offered for sale at $0.00, but I've never seen or heard anything about them being able to limit how long it's in your library. That defeats the idea of the cloud as Amazon promotes it.

Interesting. I got all but the first of those as freebies, back when I grabbed freebies just because they were free, and they're still all available on my MYK page.
I got the romance titles mentioned still on my MYK page. They are Dorchester titles. They downloaded to K4PC without a problem.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 PM   #28
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post

I too did the same thing and of course I never noticed when they disappeared. I discovered them missing when I was cleaning up my Calibre library.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #29
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I discovered mine missing when I tried adding them to new tablet. Worse thing was I download my ebooks to the Tablets & turn Off wifi then get message I had to turn on wifi to read the books only the title was in the tablet. So that tablet went back to the store & I tried another! Then the message on a few would be reached your limit of downloads to renew the lic you must rebuy the ebook! Then I check my K3 book be Gone! Computer Book Gone! Manage my Kindle book Gone! My K3 crashed over a yr ago got the replacement free But lost 4 ebooks when I tried to load my ebooks into it! I just 10 days ago got Fire HD & I cringed till my ebooks were loaded into it! Wondering How many are going to vanish this time! Then I remember that I finaly learned how to remove DRm 3 months ago they are ALL Backed up on my computer & Flash Drive ... So IF I do find some have vanished I still have them LOL
Anyway with ebooks Vanishing & Now I like to buy some more movies [have 3 right now] I just wanted to know IF they to are going to rach a limit & vanish. Cant remove DRM of copy them.....
BTW while I lossing ebooks I loved to have a Sample ebook I got 10 yrs ago is still there Cant get rid of the damn thing LOL Not in Manage my Kindle even tho I tried delete from my PC K3 & Now Fire HD the damn sample IS Still there! I even asked Amazon to remove it! Thru all tablets & Computers & haveing to reformate computers IT STILL THERE!! Go Figure!

Last edited by Barbara1955; 11-16-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #30
sirmaru
Wizard

Have you folks with the missing eBooks used Calibre on them or removed the DRM by one means or another?

Its possible that the publisher license for some eBooks is automatically cancelled if you manually alter a copyrighted eBook and that Amazon, if it detects this, may delete it from your Library under Manage Your Kindle. Then you would have to re-purchase it again.

I've never lost any eBooks other than foreign dictionaries added to my Library free which I deleted from the Library myself. When I did that, I did recieve a warning they would have to be re-purchased if I did want to read them.

On the other hand I never use Calibre and never tamper with the DRM on any eBooks.

I have read elsewhere that for some eBooks, which Amazon never did obtain a proper license, that Amazon, itself, had to delete those eBooks from kindles for thousands of customers.

Last edited by sirmaru; 11-16-2012 at 07:33 PM.