Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 07:16 AM   #16
Glenn56
Glenn56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
I respectfully disagree. My last laptop is over five years old now. I have seldom used it while on battery power only. The battery still lasts for about a half hour compared with the original two hours.
It could have something to do with the make of battery, Tony. My post is based on personal experience, and what others (on different forums) have said. Mileage may vary but I still believe best practice (if you want to keep your battery life as long as possible) is to only plug it in to charge.
Glenn56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:59 AM   #17
mr_nobody
Evangelist
mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.mr_nobody is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kobo mini, nexus 7 (2012), kobo vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn56 View Post
It could have something to do with the make of battery, Tony. My post is based on personal experience, and what others (on different forums) have said. Mileage may vary but I still believe best practice (if you want to keep your battery life as long as possible) is to only plug it in to charge.
That is only true if the power management is not implemented properly and the charger continues to charge the battery once it is full. We have no way of knowing if kobo has done this properly but one assumes they have.
mr_nobody is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging, kobo, vox