Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #181
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
I haven't done the Allmine procedure yet myself, but I think the advantage of having the Market installed, in addition to a nice searchable user interface and easy one-step installation, is that it automatically notifies you of updates to the installed apps.
But what happens when the updated apps don't work on the PE or EE as some here have complained?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:21 PM   #182
morriea
morriea began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge/Sony prs-300/Nook Color with CM7 boot card
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
But what happens when the updated apps don't work on the PE or EE as some here have complained?
Uninstall the update
morriea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #183
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
That does sometimes happen, and you can uninstall. But you can't discount the other reason to install Market - for the challenge.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:47 AM   #184
flyred77
Enthusiast
flyred77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just had to pop in with a super big thanks for everyone involved.

I got my Edge today and I am currently installing some of my apps from Amazon. I could not have made it this far without the help from this forum and you helpful folks who share all the good geek advice.

I already installed from Google apps and everything seems to be working great. I went with the ADW Launcher, and the Ubuntu theme. Unfortunately, I just ran out of internal space and I am just getting started, so I am going to have go through and clean things up when my 32 Gb micro gets here.

All in all, I am thinking I am going to love this guy!
flyred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #185
tekknogenius
Groupie
tekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheesetekknogenius can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyred77 View Post
...Unfortunately, I just ran out of internal space and I am just getting started, so I am going to have go through and clean things up when my 32 Gb micro gets here.
You'll probably want to Move Apps to SD card. I did it because I was out of space. It works great. A little tricky to get it set up (took a few attempts before it all worked), but well worth the aggrevation LOL
tekknogenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2011, 01:20 PM   #186
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriea View Post
I am using the same account...but I also it for my CM7 Nook Color and my HTC Merge with no problems. Could this be a problem?
I honestly don't know, but wonder what would happen if you create a second account for the other machine.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #187
morriea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
I honestly don't know, but wonder what would happen if you create a second account for the other machine.
I gave it a shot after reading your previous post....same problem.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #188
florob
florob began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Hi ktwombley, I retried the process and everything works perfectly.
As someone has suggested, the access to the Android Market was not fundamental to me, but it has became a matter of challenge, above all.
Thank you very much for your commitment and your attention to my newbie's problems.
Roberto
florob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 10:31 PM   #189
flyred77
Enthusiast
flyred77 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknogenius View Post
You'll probably want to Move Apps to SD card. I did it because I was out of space. It works great. A little tricky to get it set up (took a few attempts before it all worked), but well worth the aggrevation LOL
Oh my, tekno. Sure wish I had seen your post before I moved everything over to SD via the system and THEN saw your post and decided to clean everything up and go back a do it as suggested in the post you recommended.

Now I am toasty-oh'd, bricked, f'd up....

Best I can tell, from "vicinc" thread, we will will have to alter the the .sh and perhaps other files in the golden zip.

Then I can mess with things again! Thanks for the link!
flyred77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 04:28 PM   #190
tony03
tony03 began at the beginning.

Smile Video player download

Allmine version works wonderfully with my pocket edge. My brother got an android tablet, and he likes the video player in pocket edge's web browser for its repeat feature. Could anyone please tell me the name of video player and version number, and where can I download it? Thanks for your time.
tony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #191
tony03

Is there a way to set password for Allmine. There is no "screen lock" under "settings/security."
Thanks.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:49 PM   #192
SatyrsLynx
SatyrsLynx doesn't litterSatyrsLynx doesn't litter

Device: Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by morriea View Post
hope I am in the right place...newest of the noobs

I have 2 PEs....The first setup went off without a hitch. In fact I was able to use microSD throughout the whole process. It is working like a dream and I cannot give enough thanks to all who made it happen.

The 2nd seemed to be perfect, but it cannot seem to connect to google. I tried through market, account and sync, gmail app...it always says a reliable connection cannot be established.

I looked through the file to see if the serial # was in...answer YES.

....I put the 2 side by side next to my WiFi router and PE#1 connects fine so the WiFi is not the problem. It worked just fine before running 2.2 w/o allmine....

any suggestions?

oh yeah...the browser reaches the internet just fine.
Did you ever find an answer to this? I am having the same issue with mine. Says there is no reliable data connection, even when I'm sitting next to my router. I also can go online through the browser, and I did check that the S/N is the 14 digit changed number.

Thanks so much, ktwombley, the update installed the first time with no issues other than this (so far as I can tell). Granted, I haven't done much messing with my PE, but if I can get Market to work, it will let me access an app that will make my business go so much easier! (assuming the credit card reader will recognize the PE as the Nexus One...)

**EDIT: I think I just solved it! I went to Home -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync and turned on 'Background Data' synching. Tried again to add the account and it immediately processed.

Last edited by SatyrsLynx; 11-08-2011 at 06:54 PM. Reason: Solved the problem? Added my solution!
SatyrsLynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #193
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony03 View Post
Is there a way to set password for Allmine. There is no "screen lock" under "settings/security."
Thanks.
the setting is there, it just can't be gotten to from the obvious place. brilliant, right? (not allmine's fault, pretty sure dingo and ermine are like this by default anyway)

I installed "Quicker Free" from the market, and one of the widgets in there is for screen lock and it opens up the true none/pattern/pin/password system setting - I've had the pattern lock working normally for a while now, thanks to that.
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #194
morriea

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatyrsLynx View Post
Did you ever find an answer to this? I am having the same issue with mine. Says there is no reliable data connection, even when I'm sitting next to my router. I also can go online through the browser, and I did check that the S/N is the 14 digit changed number.

Thanks so much, ktwombley, the update installed the first time with no issues other than this (so far as I can tell). Granted, I haven't done much messing with my PE, but if I can get Market to work, it will let me access an app that will make my business go so much easier! (assuming the credit card reader will recognize the PE as the Nexus One...)

**EDIT: I think I just solved it! I went to Home -> Settings -> Accounts & Sync and turned on 'Background Data' synching. Tried again to add the account and it immediately processed.
thank you so much! I wish I could verify that was the problem, but I took it to BA (before allmine) and sold it....they loved it.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM   #195
tony03

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarvoke View Post
the setting is there, it just can't be gotten to from the obvious place. brilliant, right? (not allmine's fault, pretty sure dingo and ermine are like this by default anyway)

I installed "Quicker Free" from the market, and one of the widgets in there is for screen lock and it opens up the true none/pattern/pin/password system setting - I've had the pattern lock working normally for a while now, thanks to that.
Thanks for reply. Just installed Quicker Free. All I can see are a bunch of shortcuts. One shortcut brings me to "Location & security settings" but, as you know, there is no "Screen unlock" settings like other Android 2.3 tablets. Could you please point out how to get to "one of the widgets in there is for screen lock and it opens up the true none/pattern/pin/password system setting" Thanks for your time.