Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-23-2011, 06:41 AM   #16
OphReader
Connoisseur
OphReader began at the beginning.

Device: 902
@jshzh: Thanks for the tip, I now have the content on long press and the dictionary on short and it works now.

@Dulin's Books : I have not seen a single pdf file where the margins where not part of the text block then, since it has not worked on any file yet. The pdfreader is capable of the fitwidth function though, the only flaw is the left margin.

I don't like complaining all the time but it is a fact that basic functions do not work properly. Sort the things out I itemized above and I'm happy and keep my mouth shut.
OphReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 02:25 PM   #17
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by OphReader View Post
I have not seen a single pdf file where the margins where not part of the text block then, since it has not worked on any file yet.
"fitwidth" fits the whole page (including margins) to the width of the display in every PDF viewing program I've ever used. I understand what you want and I think it's a good idea, but you shouldn't be calling it "fitwidth". It's more like "fittextwidth", and is a different feature that shouldn't just replace "fitwidth" IMHO, but should be added as another zoom option.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 04:40 PM   #18
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
Quote:
Originally Posted by skydive View Post
Pocketbook developers!! Stops using us guinea pigs and perform better testings...
They can't. That would cost money
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #19
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7

Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
They can't. That would cost money
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #20
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post

2) pocketnews has now links to the article (but this still doesn't satisfy me as it just starts the corresponding article in midori so you need to be online in order to read the full article)
Hi Review, I imported some feeds from the "pocketnews for pc" but I can't update the news using my PB 602 after connecting to WIFI. There are two options for update "selected" or "all". No matter what I choose, it won't update automatically? Do you know where I can find a tutorial for setting up Pocketnews on PB? Or you guys update news via PC? Thank you.
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #21
review
Addict
review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.review got an A in P-Chem.

Device: 903
I'm sorry,I've never heard of "pocketnews for pc" before. I'm not sure about your 602 but on my 903 the update process via wifi was no problem at all. Yet again, I didn't like the fact that it doesn't download the corresponding articles so I wrote my own program and haven't used the pocketbook news app for a while.
review is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #22
jshzh
Addict
jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.jshzh could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook 602 Pro, Kobo Aura HD, LG G Pad III
Quote:
Originally Posted by review View Post
I'm sorry,I've never heard of "pocketnews for pc" before. I'm not sure about your 602 but on my 903 the update process via wifi was no problem at all. Yet again, I didn't like the fact that it doesn't download the corresponding articles so I wrote my own program and haven't used the pocketbook news app for a while.
I guess the "pocketnews for pc" is something for early model. I downloaded it from PB website. It makes typing feeds easier.

I figured out I had to type the feeds on PB in order for the "update" icon to appear. Now I can update the news. The new firmware allows links in the news so one can go to the websites for full article. But it is not something I can call ideal because the fonts in the browser are small and dictionary doesn't work on web-pages. So your program downloads articles in FBreader? How nice!
jshzh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #23
Bonex
Connoisseur
Bonex began at the beginning.

Device: KDXG, Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura HD
I noticed that PB's USA site has release notes for this firmware.
Its file name says "902", but there are notes for the 903 model as well (not sure if those are for the first 2.0.4 firmware).
http://pocketbook-usa.com/support/pocketbook-902/
Bonex is offline   Reply With Quote