Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 05-27-2010, 09:01 PM   #1
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
Wi-fi Sync now works with iPad too

http://getwifisync.com/

Works with the iPhone, iPod Touch and now the iPad. Only available through the Cydia Store (Jailbroken devices only) since Apple rejected it. $10 for all your devices. I've been using it a week or so on my iPhone and now on my iPad, works great. Just launch the app and it syncs back to my Mac over WiFi.

It will not do a full-backup over WiFi but will sync apps, music, movies, data, etc. You can still hook it up to USB and sync that way as well (which will do a full-backup).

Works on the Mac and Windows.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
tlrowley
Quilt Geek
tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.tlrowley is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle
Can you tell me if it syncs books as well? All the lists I've seen are like yours (with the "etc.") but I've never seen one that specifically mentions books (and I know books aren't included in the iPhone/iPod Touch yet.

Thanks,
Tracey
tlrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2010, 10:03 PM   #3
scottjl
Reader of Books
scottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with othersscottjl plays well with others

Device: none
yes. it syncs books and podcasts as well. it even lets you drag files in and out of applications under the "applications" tab.

when you run the corresponding application on the ipad/iphone/touch, for all intents and purposes, it shows up connected to itunes as if it was plugged into a usb cable. it seems anything you could do with it physically connected you can now do wirelessly. as soon as you quit the app it is "unplugged" and disappears from the list.

to enable automatic wireless sync you need to have the "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically" checkbox unchecked in the Preferences > Devices pane. then as soon as you launch the app it syncs. if this box is checked you would have to manually click on itunes to sync.

if you have any errors during the sync process (such as items to sync not found) then iTunes will hang with a dialog box waiting for your response. you will have to go to your computer and click to proceed.

it does not sync over the internet, you must be on the same wifi network as your computer.
scottjl is offline   Reply With Quote