Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
moe
moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.

Device: prs 650
Wikipedia article to Epub

Hi,
I was just wondering about what is the best possibility to convert an Wikipedia-article (respective a bunch of articles) to the Epub format.

Thanks for your help!

moe
moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
moe
moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.moe is less competitive than you.

Device: prs 650
...I mean it's such a basic thing, there should be a tool or a webservice for this.
moe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 03:22 PM   #3
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
moe,

apparently not enough people think that this would be useful, a great pity.

I would love to have something like it. I looked into what it takes, it is way beyond my capabilities, but it does not look that complex if someone has the skills.

The wish comes up in the forums regularly, but then ut gets ignored and forgotten.

I am sorry I can not help.

Regards, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
There are at least two sites that'll convert web pages on-the-fly to ePubs:

dotEPUB
Instapaper

Unfortunately, both of them cannot handle images and Instapaper's ePub TOC code seems to be broken. I.e. you'll have to either regenerate the ePub TOC with Sigil or convert the Kindle version with Calibre.

I prefer the GrabMyBooks Firefox add-on.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:33 AM   #5
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Google Wiki2fb2. It produces a fb2 file, which can be converted to epub with Calibre.

Another way to get epub would be to use Wikipedia's menu on the left -> Print/export -> Create a book. Then you add articles to the book and you can export it to an odt file. Calibre converts from odt to epub. However, as far as I remember, the produced odt does not have images. I am not so sure about it, however. Wiki2fb2 claims that it includes images, but I don't know how it handles tables.

I have also found this website, which claims to do what you want, but I haven't used it:
http://www.ereadups.com/

Last edited by slex; 02-28-2012 at 05:41 AM.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
I tried the GrabMyBooks Firefox add-on and I stand corrected: this is a very workable solution for me.

Thanks to Doitsu for pointing it out to us.

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote