Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-25-2011, 04:52 PM   #91
MisterMoonlight
MisterMoonlight is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-350
Quote:
It's a long shot, but I no longer have a WinXP environment to verify this conjecture on (I replaced my XP with Ubuntu). If you haven't given up on it altogether here's my plugin with the fix that you're welcome to try.
I am still there. It is working beautifully now on my XPSP3 system

After all these efforts, it is time to have some pleasure now and use this reader for the purpose it should be used: doing some good readings!
MisterMoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #92
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMoonlight View Post
I am still there. It is working beautifully now on my XPSP3 system

After all these efforts, it is time to have some pleasure now and use this reader for the purpose it should be used: doing some good readings!
Ah, that's great news! Thanks for your patience. Enjoy your reader!
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #93
Vinz
Vinz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
I installed this plugin today and was clicking around a bit trying to understand what it did. One of the things I clicked was Set Unread Collection. Result: almost all the books on my e-reader are now marked unread and I can't think of a way to get the old data back. Funnily enough if I open a book on my e-reader that I've read before it opens on the last read page, so that data is still there.

Now obviously this is a user error and I shouldn't have done it this way. But I think it's currently way to easy to destroy your unread flags without a way of getting them back. Maybe a big warning before you run this the first time is in order? And/or an automatic backup of the current settings so you can restore those?
Vinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 06:06 PM   #94
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinz View Post
Maybe a big warning before you run this the first time is in order? And/or an automatic backup of the current settings so you can restore those?
Hi Vinz,

I guess you're right that it could be easy to inadvertently clear out your "Unread" list. I can certainly put the warning in quickly, so I'll do that right away (I'm getting ready to release a new version, so I'll sneak it in there).

I'm not sure how feasible it would be to manage backups since I'd probably need to keep track of which device it applies to, etc. But maybe if the warning/confirmation message makes it more clear what the results will be (perhaps a list of what books will be included in the collection if you proceed), that might be sufficient to make sure the user is clear on what will happen.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and sorry you lost some data in the process. If you happen to track what books you've read and/or not read in Calibre, it should be simple enough to restore the list. Let me know if you need some help with that.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:11 PM   #95
Vinz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
Thanks for bringing this to my attention, and sorry you lost some data in the process. If you happen to track what books you've read and/or not read in Calibre, it should be simple enough to restore the list. Let me know if you need some help with that.
I don't track that in Calibre unfortunately. However, after poking around a bit in the media.xml file I discovered every book I've read on the device has a page= attribute, so it's fairly easy to reopen those books one by one. Luckily I've only had it for a couple of months so I haven't read that many books on it yet

Thanks for adding the warning, hopefully it'll save other over-eager button clickers like me in the future!
Advert
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 PM   #96
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinz View Post
I don't track that in Calibre unfortunately. However, after poking around a bit in the media.xml file I discovered every book I've read on the device has a page= attribute, so it's fairly easy to reopen those books one by one. Luckily I've only had it for a couple of months so I haven't read that many books on it yet

Thanks for adding the warning, hopefully it'll save other over-eager button clickers like me in the future!
As an additional note, if you recognise which books you've read or haven't read as you look at the device book list, you can manually add them to or remove them from (as appropriate) the Unread collection by selecting books in the list and using the "Mark read" or "Mark unread" actions. In your case, it sounds like you'd want to use the "Mark read" action to get them off the list. That might be faster than opening the books individually.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:36 PM   #97
Vinz

Oh I meant reopening them on the reader, not in Calibre. No worries though, it's all back the way it should be by now.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:12 PM   #98
kpw
Connoisseur

Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin update v1.2.4

New version v1.2.4 of the Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin has been posted with the following update:

1.2.4 August 27, 2011
  • Code cleanup.
  • Fix issue in Ubuntu where "author sort" for book author wasn't being preserved when using the "Use author sort for author" setting.
  • Add warning dialog when invoking "Set Unread List" action to make user aware the action is resetting your Unread Books collection. Hopefully, this will avoid someone inadvertently wiping out the list when "exploring" functionality. Warning can be turned off in the dialog, and enabled/disabled in the plugin customization (in the "Unread List" tab).
Old 09-01-2011, 11:08 AM   #99
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
BTW, if you look at the standalone app in the Sony section, one thing that one does is allow you to set a future date to the files you pick, so they stay on the home page even as you add additional books to the reader.

Seems like a nice feature to me.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #100
kpw
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinecone View Post
BTW, if you look at the standalone app in the Sony section, one thing that one does is allow you to set a future date to the files you pick, so they stay on the home page even as you add additional books to the reader.

Seems like a nice feature to me.
You're right, that sounds like a nice feature. It should also be fairly straighforward to implement, so I'll look into it.

Just a question, though (for Pinecone, and anyone else who may have an opinion)... Do you see any reason why a feature like this should be optional? In other words, does it make sense to make "future time" a configurable option that you can turn on and off? Personally, I don't think there would be any point, and it would just make the plugin customization even more complicated than it already is.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #101
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpw View Post
Just a question, though (for Pinecone, and anyone else who may have an opinion)... Do you see any reason why a feature like this should be optional? In other words, does it make sense to make "future time" a configurable option that you can turn on and off?
I agree the goal is to control those three images, automatically making the date one year later would be a great feature.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #102
kpw
Connoisseur

Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin update v1.2.5

New version v1.2.5 of the Manage Sony x50 Reader Book List plugin has been posted with the following update:

1.2.5 September 2, 2011 Ensure Books List entries remain in place semi-permanently (they will stay there for a year or until you choose other books to replace them). In this way, the Books List will not be overwritten when you add new books to your reader.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:42 AM   #103
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
I think you should be able to choose a later date or not. In case you want to make some books up front now, but maybe not after the next load.

But as to what date in the future, I don't think that it makes any difference.

I just wish I could do this on the reader itself.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #104
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
I think a year out is great. No need to make it flexible, because anytime we want we can use the plugin to change the books shown.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 AM   #105
cryptkiddy
cryptkiddy began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350
While using this great plugin today I ran into a bug.
Apparently when you delete a book on the Reader and in the Library that has been set as Headline-book before and then try to set a new list, the plugin searches for the old book on the reader and crashes if it cannot find it, instead of setting the new list.

Manually creating a new file on the reader with the same name as the missing bookfile apparently solves the issue (you can set a new Headline-book-list). After that it is working normally again and the file can be deleted. In case it helps: the profile I use selects based on:
- device_collection;
- newest_first;
- sort_by_title.

And did I mention it is a great plugin? ;-)

PS: I also think there is no need for date flexibility. As dwanthny said: when I want to change the list, I can just use the plugin again.
cryptkiddy is offline   Reply With Quote