Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #121
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
^^^ it's definitely possible to do it with Mobi. I still use Mobi because I like the tighter spacing. I've modified the jars to nearly eliminate margins all around (see pic). If you are still interested, I'll dig through my stuff and try to figure out what I did.

Voyage on 5.8.7

Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:38 AM   #122
JotaCe
JotaCe doesn't litterJotaCe doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
^^^ it's definitely possible to do it with Mobi. I still use Mobi because I like the tighter spacing. I've modified the jars to nearly eliminate margins all around (see pic). If you are still interested, I'll dig through my stuff and try to figure out what I did.

Voyage on 5.8.7

I agree with you, I prefer the tighter spacing of mobis. I have changed to azw now because of the margins issue, but if you say there is a solution for mobis, it would be great to know it. If you could find what your did, I would be grateful; if not, it doesn't matter, azws are not so bad ;-)

thanks!
JotaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2017, 06:05 PM   #123
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I apologize for the delay. Hope this helps

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=3272458
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #124
JotaCe
JotaCe doesn't litterJotaCe doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I apologize for the delay. Hope this helps

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3272458
Thank you, Barty. That was what I tried, it doesn't work well for my device/firmware in mobis, as I said above. But don't worry, I am happy enough with margins working in azw's
JotaCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:31 PM   #125
thoreau
Enthusiast
thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.thoreau solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOA
Has anyone successfully run the margins hack on a device with 5.9.x firmware?
thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2017, 07:33 PM   #126
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 07:19 AM   #127
luiz_ng
luiz_ng began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PPW3
I confirm this can work on PPW3 5.8.11 both font and margin
luiz_ng is offline   Reply With Quote