Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 11:46 AM   #1
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
Problem with Adobe ID - Adobe help needed

Hello,

I have a problem with an old Adobe ID.
This ID comes from the time when you could choose a username as your Adobe ID. Nowadays you need an email address instead of a username.

I have this old Adobe ID, with a lot of books that have been registered to it. I have forgotten the password, and at a certain moment Adobe Digital Editions forgot it and asked me to login again an of course I can't.

I cannot read these ebooks unless I recover the Adobe ID. Of course I can remove the DRM, but that might be more or less illegal. I would rather go the royal way, but if there is no other one I will still do that.

Now there is a service to recover your password, but you have to give the email address of the account, and I also forgot which email address I used. And most probably that email address is no longer in use, so it wouldn't help anymore.

I asked Adobe for help on their customer support, but they refuse to help because it is not for a paid product. They tell me to go to their forums.
Unfortunately that doesn't work. To ask a question there you have to log in. So I created another Adobe ID to do that, but as soon as I log in, the forum stops working. It gives an error message "Illegal redirect".

I complained to Adobe customer service about the forum not working, but they refuse to help. They tell me to go to – you guess it – their forum. Circle round. So how do I get out of this mess? Is there someone from Adobe in these forums? In the past there was Jim Lester, but I understand that he is no longer with Adobe. Anyone else? Or some other advice? Somebody knows how to get the forum working? I tried it both with Firefox and Safari, both on my Mac and my iPhone.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:16 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
DRM removal isn't an option until you have recovered your Adobe ID.

Adobe are the only people who can help, but it may be that they will not if none of the automated methods work.

Best of luck with Adobe.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:49 AM   #3
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
DRM removal isn't an option until you have recovered your Adobe ID.

Maybe something has changed since Adobe went to an email ID, but if he/she has access to the original computer (doesn't need to login, just needs to have access to the install directory), than I think that the DRM could be removed.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #4
pietvo
Reader
pietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notespietvo can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Aura 2, iPhone, iPad
I am a he
I made a backup of activation.dat before I switched over to the new Adobe ID. So, yes, I have the information to remove the DRM. I just can't authorize my computer to the old ID.

By the way, I can read ebooks from both the old account and the new account on my old ereader. Apparently I had succeeded to authorize that ereader to both the new and the old account, probably by manipulation its activation.dat, or whatever was in there. I can't even remember the details, just that I tried out something like that. I am not sure, however, if I could do that also on my computer or my new ereader.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Detailed help with DRM removal isn't permitted at MobileRead, and this thread is now getting too detailed.

I suggest you ask over at Apprentice Alf's blog or Apprentice Harper's github repository.

Thread closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
adobe id