Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-28-2022, 10:03 PM   #1
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PaperWhite 5, Aura One, Glowlight Plus
This title is unavailable for download and transfer

I clicked send a sample of a book and when it didn't show up I went to C/D and found this comment with it: This title is unavailable for download and transfer
Never saw that before and not sure why it happens when the book has the send a sample option. Not all have the sample option so it seems if the option is offered it should work. Anyway, anyone familiar?
LDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:17 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=344385
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 10:55 PM   #3
LDB
Baker Street Irregular
LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LDB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm not trying to download or transfer or otherwise involve my pc, just have Amazon send a sample to my Kindle the same as they do when I buy books.
Old 01-29-2022, 02:12 AM   #4
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 13PM, Kindle Paperwhite SE, iPad mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDB View Post
I'm not trying to download or transfer or otherwise involve my pc, just have Amazon send a sample to my Kindle the same as they do when I buy books.
Go to the web page where the book is listed and you will see this option there. For some reason Manage Content no longer has the option for Samples.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 08:00 AM   #5
LDB
Baker Street Irregular

I went to the actual page for the book. Instead of clicking buy it now for $5 I clicked send a sample to maybe be sure I wanted it before spending the money. No sample.

But

There's often a but. Apparently it is a book that can't be viewed on a regular Kindle. I tried again and sent it to my 10" Fire and it worked. I think I've heard of books only working on the Fire tablets sometime in the past. I've never experienced it until now.