Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #1
mfusion
mfusion began at the beginning.

Device: sony PRS-600
"Protected Page" error

I downloaded several DRM ePUBs from my public library. They all open fine in the ADE software and on ebook library software but only one of them will open on the Sony Reader. On the others, they show how many days I have left and when I click on the books I get ”Protected Page” symbol.

Please advise on what I can do to load more than one DRM protected file on my reader. I have reformatted memory and hit reset on sony touch..but still have the problem.
thanks

Last edited by mfusion; 10-11-2009 at 08:43 PM.
mfusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:20 PM   #2
Letha
Letha began at the beginning.

Device: pdf
Can anyone tell me how to convert epub books to pdf books on the Sony Reader so that I can read them on the reader?
Letha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 11:08 PM   #3
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfusion View Post
I downloaded several DRM ePUBs from my public library. They all open fine in the ADE software and on ebook library software but only one of them will open on the Sony Reader. On the others, they show how many days I have left and when I click on the books I get ”Protected Page” symbol.

Please advise on what I can do to load more than one DRM protected file on my reader. I have reformatted memory and hit reset on sony touch..but still have the problem.
thanks
Just in case anyone finds this thread...

The below link is to the Sony Reader Troubleshooting Guide in MR's Wiki. It discusses borrowing library books and the issue of not being able to have both ePub and pdf LIBRARY books on the Reader at the same time.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Sony_Reader_Troubleshooting_Guide#Borrowing_librar y_books

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letha View Post
Can anyone tell me how to convert epub books to pdf books on the Sony Reader so that I can read them on the reader?
Welcome to MR, Letha.

The Sony Reader can read the ePub format without conversion. If it is a DRM'd ePub you need to have Adobe Digital Editions downloaded and your Reader authorized in order to be able to read it on your Reader.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #4
ejm
Enthusiast
ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ejm has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: nook & PRS-600
In short, as of today there is still no fix from SONY to address this issue. Given how long it has been known and how silent SONY has been, it's pretty clear they have no intention of making their products function properly.

My strong recommendation: purchase a reader from a different manufacturer.

Having purchased a PRS-600 for my wife for her birthday (so she could enjoy library books) I can tell you, I am profoundly disappointed.
ejm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drm, protected page, public library