Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
beejsbj
beejsbj began at the beginning.

Device: none
Is there a way to automatically/batch add the summary of the epub as a page?

as a page within the book itself?
beejsbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 11:36 AM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Yes. If you haven't done it already, add the "Polish" utility to one of your menus/toolbars (via Prefs - Toolbars & Menus). Then run the option labelled Add/replace metadata as a "book jacket" page against selected books in your library.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 01:12 AM   #3
beejsbj

omg thank you so much. exactly what i needed!
Old 09-21-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Also in C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\ jacket there's stylesheet.css and template xtml that you can customize.

I added a little CSS to tweak the format a little

Code:
/*Added for personal preference */
p {
   margin-bottom: 1em;
   line-height:125%;
  }

I did find out the hard way (lots of wasted time) that the CSS in stylesheet.css is incorporated/embedded into the template.xhtml that eventually becomes jacket.xhtml, which is not linked to any external style sheet
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #5
beejsbj

Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Also in C:\Users\......\AppData\Roaming\calibre\resources\ jacket there's stylesheet.css and template xtml that you can customize.

I added a little CSS to tweak the format a little

Code:
/*Added for personal preference */
p {
   margin-bottom: 1em;
   line-height:125%;
  }

I did find out the hard way (lots of wasted time) that the CSS in stylesheet.css is incorporated/embedded into the template.xhtml that eventually becomes jacket.xhtml, which is not linked to any external style sheet
i dont understand? so what does the tweak specifically do? and i dont seem to have "jacket" in my resources folder.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:45 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by beejsbj View Post
i dont understand? so what does the tweak specifically do? and i dont seem to have "jacket" in my resources folder.
The way Calibre works is: IF it finds a Copy (same path/file name) in the configuration folder, it uses that instead.

This keeps updates from stomping on customizations.

Just copy the file from the installation folder and put it in the same folder name in the calibre config folder. Then make you adjustments.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 09:53 AM   #7
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@theducks -- thanks, I forgot that I had put a personalized copy in my AppData

@beejsbj - the little bit of CSS just added space below each paragraph and opens the line spacing up a little in the jacket page. It's not necessary to do any of this, but it is nice that Kovid has made Calibre so customizable
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote