Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2018, 11:32 AM   #16
gianni_fed
gianni_fed began at the beginning.

Device: none
No, Divingduck,
I've no idea to what appened.
What I know is that I found many books corrupted in my Calibre library so, I have formatted the system disk and I have reinstalled windows 10 64bit and only the programs I use abitually.
I checked the health of my HD's that is perfect and without bad sectors.
I do not think so, but the fact that they are all SSD can mean something?
Bye,
Gianni
gianni_fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2018, 05:26 AM   #17
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
A lot of systems are using SSD's these day's w/o any serious problems.
calibre can't damage ebook files during an export/import all calibre data via the library maintenance menu. It simply don't modify any file during this process, it only takes care that all library and setup files will be part of a complete copy.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:25 AM   #18
gianni_fed
gianni_fed began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello,
I'm sorry to have started this discussion but I was in a panic when I lost everyone here books.
I think I understood what caused this problem, even if I did not understand why it occurred.
Since my Caliber library contains about 30,000 volumes, I wanted to create many libraries, one for each literary genre, so I downloaded (save on disk) the books divided by genre on another disk.
Since I had to correct many books, I found that this was not the best way to proceed, so I reimported all the books, I had put on another disk, to Caliber and, to my surprise, the 1041 volumes lost are all Mystery novels, then there must have been a problem in one of the two operations (save on disk) or (Add books).
I hope that my accident can help someone not to make the same mistake.
Hello and thanks,
Gianni
gianni_fed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:15 AM   #19
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Good to know what had happen with your library. Hope you will find the missing books somewhere in your backups.

An alternative of splitting libraries are virtual libraries. Maybe something you can think about. https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/virtual_libraries.html
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote