Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 09-30-2003, 03:42 PM   #31
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks Alexander!!!
Old 09-30-2003, 05:25 PM   #32
archituz
Connoisseur
archituz doesn't litterarchituz doesn't litter

Oops
I figured out the links--- by looking at your file-- duh.
I missed them at first because I copied only the url--!
Now it works as intended, natch.

Thanks again Alexander.
You are amazing and generous as always.
Marty
Advert
Old 10-01-2003, 09:32 AM   #33
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.

The main trick is the regex pattern in the url filters to filter out what links to download and what not.

Greets
Old 10-01-2003, 10:30 AM   #34
Zire
Fanatic
Zire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshesZire can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Zire 71
Thumbs down Isilo crashed...

Hey,

When I ran the .ixl file to convert the data my mac hung and crashed.
Old 10-01-2003, 11:37 AM   #35
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Re: Isilo crashed...

Quote:
Originally posted by visorprismman
Hey,

When I ran the .ixl file to convert the data my mac hung and crashed.
Hmm did you try again - is it a repeatable crash? If yes, maybe there is a bug in the regex engine of iSiloX Mac since I use extensive regex in this particular .ixl file.

--> if that is the case, best to write Darren a quick email.
Advert
Old 10-01-2003, 01:29 PM   #36
captainao
Enthusiast
captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.captainao could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Axim x51v;T|X;NX73;SEK750
Thanks Alexander - this is a huge step in the right direction! I'm assuming that there is no way to get rid of the large amounts of white space/bars, etc. that I get on the top of each page?
I've had the same problem when I try to grab some other sites and wondered if you'd figured out a solution . . .
Funny thing is with NYT gone for so long, I've switched to using BBC and London Times (of course, I moved to London, too which gave me an even bigger shove <g>)
Thanks again,
Old 10-01-2003, 04:40 PM   #37
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally posted by captainao
Thanks Alexander - this is a huge step in the right direction! I'm assuming that there is no way to get rid of the large amounts of white space/bars, etc. that I get on the top of each page?
I wish there was. It would be possible if iSiloX supported a script language which would allow for specific content extraction (see the feature wishlist ). Maybe something to hope for for iSiloX 4.1...
Old 10-09-2003, 06:54 PM   #38
volcanopele
Connoisseur
volcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it isvolcanopele knows what time it is

Device: Clie NR70V
I used the NYTimes sites used in the new WCC posted today and they are not working for me. It ends up only converting the login page. my log in name and password are correct and I have set the correct cookies in the ixl file, but it is not work as it should. I have attached one of the NYT sites I am using and have copied it from my .ixl conversion file. I use iSiloXC for the Mac OS X version 4.0 beta 5. I also attached my settings file. Can anyone find what I am doing wrong? All the other channels in my conversion file work correctly and save correctly.

BTW, the .ixs file is default.ixl here. Just change the file extension to .ixs to check. This forum does not accept .ixs files for attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: ixl NYTexample.ixl (4.1 KB, 492 views)
File Type: ixl default.ixl (677 Bytes, 562 views)
Old 10-10-2003, 03:14 AM   #39
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

volcanopele, NYT changed some ways of presenting their links, so the Regex (in Links -> Url Filters) I figured out last week is now obsolute. I will replace it with a working one today.
Old 10-10-2003, 09:34 AM   #40
na2rboy
na2rboy began at the beginning.

Device: Clie SJ-30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
Also try the NYTimes JXL in JPluck.

http://jpluck.sourceforge.net/jxl/nytimes.xml

Instructions are contained in the JXL. You need an XSLT-capable browser (IE6, Mozilla 1.2+) to view the JXL transformed to HTML format.
Your rule Laurens! Thanks!
Old 10-10-2003, 11:30 AM   #41
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
BUT the national NYT site you posted last week converted correctly this morning. Any idea why? radleyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
volcanopele, NYT changed some ways of presenting their links, so the Regex (in Links -> Url Filters) I figured out last week is now obsolute. I will replace it with a working one today.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:48 AM   #42
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

radleyp, did you use iSiloX 4.0b4 or b5 when it worked?
Old 10-10-2003, 12:52 PM   #43
radleyp
Evangelist
radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.radleyp can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle Global, iphone4, ipad
b5. radleyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
radleyp, did you use iSiloX 4.0b4 or b5 when it worked?
Old 10-10-2003, 01:06 PM   #44
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by radleyp
b5. radleyp
Try WCC 1.2.0a.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:09 PM   #45
David Hart
David Hart began at the beginning.

Device: 715-685-0110
I get the first page of the NYT stories OK but subsequent pages don't seem to work. I'm still trying to learn the regex to figure out what isn't working. I find the http://www.pcre.org/pcre.txt slightly confusing compared with other expression manuals that I have used in the past.