Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 07-16-2003, 09:46 PM   #16
JSRunnels
Enthusiast
JSRunnels has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung SPHI-300
Both worked beautifully. Thanks again. With luck using those documents will help me to understand inclusions/exclusions better for the future! As a matter of personal choice, I think the second solution is more elegant and will be the one I actually use.

One question that comes to mind right away is: Why did you need two inclusion filters for each theater?

Also is there an easy cheat sheet for the expressions?

Thanks again!

Jessica
Old 07-17-2003, 04:35 AM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
No Problem at all

You see how the inclusion/exclusion works. First I exclude EVERYTHING (done by WC *). Note that I pick wildcard pattern whenever possible because they are easier & faster than regex.

Thank I go ahead and look at the links that you want to include. You will notice that for instance Citiplace contains the unique string 'UA+Citiplace+11' in its url. And its third link pointing to the review contains 'UA Citiplace 11'. Looks like a bug in Yahoo's script to me, since they should urlencode (not all browsers like spaces) the string before making it a link (like they did in 'UA+Citiplace+11'). So to get all links, I had to include two includes.

Also note that wildcard patterns are real easy. You simply take part of the url and put it in the wildcard. Regex is suitable for more complex pattern, where the url changes according to some rule.

Greets
Alex
Advert
Old 07-17-2003, 08:19 PM   #18
susduq
susduq began at the beginning.

Device: sony clie
Thanks JSRunnels for asking about this and Alex for the solution. This is exactly what I wanted (but didn't know how to accomplish it). Since I like to have a home page with all of the theaters I go to listed on it, I created a html document with Word on my computer. This is the source URL for isilo. The links that are listed in option two of the download Alex provided are the hyperlinks on my web page. Inclusion/Exclusion criteria are the same (customized for my area).

Works great!
Thanks again,
SD
Old 07-17-2003, 08:50 PM   #19
JSRunnels
Enthusiast
JSRunnels has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Samsung SPHI-300
I did something similar, except I hijacked the default yahoo screen, changed three of the links to go to each of my theaters, kept the weather link (but pointed it to the weather for my zip), pointed the sports link to cycling and got rid of finance.

Voila! Truly MY Yahoo!