Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
where did i go wrong with igor?

I've downloaded python25 and Igors scripts....but when I try the command prompt it tells me
"kindlefix.py not recognized as an internal or external command"
I've checked the location....its under

Os(c/python25/Tools/Scripts

I think i unzipped it....its showing the kindlefix as 5kb and the kindlepid as 2 kb.

I have no clue what that happy face is.............roflol........

My path under environmental variables is
;c:\Python25;c:\Python25\Tools\Scripts

And I thought it went so smoothly!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Try changing the directory so that the prompt reads:

c:\Python25\Tools\Scripts>

and run your script from there...also place any documents you want to fix in the same subdirectory

(Defining it in the systems variables didn't work for me either)

Last edited by Boston; 10-10-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:34 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Try changing the directory so that the prompt reads:

c:\Python25\Tools\Scripts>

and run your script from there...also place any documents you want to fix in the same subdirectory

(Defining it in the systems variables didn't work for me either)
Going back to Tallmomof2's directions, i did the kindlepid, and it did give me my pid, so I'm assuming I downloaded the entire script correctly, right?

Then I went to my library, (all i"m trying to do is download a library book from my laptop to my kindle. Nothing illegal! It goes away in two weeks.) and tried to enter my pid ......kept asking me to 'insert valid pid" I tried with and without the Asterisk.

Any ideas on why it won't accept the Kindle pid? I have two others on there...one from this laptop, and one from another. Library site will take 3.

Thanks for any help!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
Yes, it sounds like you have the kindlepid script running now. You will need to enter the PID with the asterisk on your library site.

I am not sure why they think its not valid unless their software won't take a PID with an asterisk (I think its a problem with some sites).

When typing in your serial number to convert with kindlepid.py, make sure you don't enter any spaces, that you don't confuse zeroes (0) with O's, and use proper case (upper/lower).

Perhaps if you post what library you are using, someone who subscribes to the same can provide further help.

Good luck, I love getting books from the library!
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote