Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-04-2018, 01:52 AM   #1
ktime9
ktime9 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
KOREADER current page on status bar

Hi All,

I just bought a Kobo Aura One and have successfully managed to install the latest version of Koreader. All in hope of having a good ereader to use for reading and highlighting academic PDFs.

One issue I've noticed though, is that the current page on the status bar refers to the actual first page of the book (the cover) and not the actual 'page-one' of the books content – which could in fact appear as page-10 or something, depending on the preliminary content.

So, I'm just posting to ask if there is anyway of fixing/changing this? It may sound small, but it is a significant problem for me. I'm cropping the actual printed page number out in order to have maximin page room for the content, but as I'm constantly having to reference the exact page number, I really need the 'current page' on the 'status bar' to tell me the exact page of the book.

Cheers,

Martin
ktime9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 03:01 AM   #2
ktime9

UPDATE#

I just noticed that the Table of Contents doesn't reflect the actual TOC of the book. But shows the cover as P1.

This issue is probably a little bit bigger than I imagined.
Advert
Old 04-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Assuming you're talking about custom page numbers, that doesn't seem to be in the MuPDF API.

Spec for reference: http://pdf.editme.com/pdfua-PageLabels

Upstream bug here: https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=695351 (branch that patch was developed on here).
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #4
ktime9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Assuming you're talking about custom page numbers, that doesn't seem to be in the MuPDF API.

Spec for reference: http://pdf.editme.com/pdfua-PageLabels

Upstream bug here: https://bugs.ghostscript.com/show_bug.cgi?id=695351 (branch that patch was developed on here).
Thanks so much for your response.
I must admit that I'm not a developer and have very limited computer skills, so this does seem a little beyond my scope.
I had been using a Kindle DX for years before I got the Kobo and the page number on the Kindle always correlated with that of the book – roman numerals or Hindu/Arabic numerals.

I will check out the links you sent through and try to make some sense of it all, before returning the Kobo.

Cheers,

Martin