Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
alchemyst
alchemyst began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Question: Calibre & Sonly PRS505

Hi guys,

I used Calibre (LOVE it!) to convert a bunch of files into .lrf for the Sony prs505.

Worked great!

Only one question ....

I just loaded my collection of Peter Robinson books onto the reader, (after converting to .lrf).

Altho all of them are showing up the same (title first in regular font, and the author very small on the lower right - a few of them have the title showing really large font. (probably14-16pt).

If I bring up these problem files (with the big font for title) in Calibre ... the meta-data looks exactly the same as any other file.

Soooo - WHAT is causing the huge font on only SOME of the files? And, how do I fix it?

Thanks guys,
A
alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchemyst View Post
Hi guys,

I used Calibre (LOVE it!) to convert a bunch of files into .lrf for the Sony prs505.

Worked great!

Only one question ....

I just loaded my collection of Peter Robinson books onto the reader, (after converting to .lrf).

Altho all of them are showing up the same (title first in regular font, and the author very small on the lower right - a few of them have the title showing really large font. (probably14-16pt).

If I bring up these problem files (with the big font for title) in Calibre ... the meta-data looks exactly the same as any other file.

Soooo - WHAT is causing the huge font on only SOME of the files? And, how do I fix it?

Thanks guys,
A
What you see is normal and has nothing to do with Calibre. If the title is short you get the big font.
There's a hack (PRSCustomizer) that, among other things, lets you solve this issue. But you have to re-flash your reader.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 PM   #3
alchemyst
alchemyst began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS505
Hi Pablo,
Thank you for responding!
Didn't meant to infer that Calibre was "at fault" - only wondered if there was something I was missing.
Glad to hear its normal - I won't stress about it now

Thanks again,
A
alchemyst is offline   Reply With Quote