Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
jflatto
jflatto began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, ipad 2
Transfer ebooks to iPhone via cable

I have about 400 ebooks, mostly in .mobi format on my computer. I have a Kindle and can transfer the books to the Kindle over a USB cable.

I also have a 32 gb iPhone and am trying to figure out how to transfer those same e-books to my iPhone. I really do not want to set up wi-fi for my phone but prefer to transfer the ebooks over a USB cable. I am trying out FileAid and DiskAid. With those programs, I can get access to the "Media" directory on my iPhone. I have also installed the following applications on my iPhone to "play" with - Bookshelf BLT, eReader, Stanza, and Kindle.

Is there any easy way to get the mobi books from my computer running Windows Vista onto my iPhone so that one of the applications can access the ebooks?

Assuming that I can't get there from here using a physical cable, and I do set up Wi-Fi on my iPhone, any suggestions/recommendations on the best way to transfer the existing books to my iphone? I would prefer not to have to convert the existing .mobi ebooks into another format.

Thanks.

Jerry
jflatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
This only apply for jailbroken iPhone/iPod

1. Google for iPhoneBrowser
2. Install iPhoneBrowser
3. You can now browse your iPhone/iPod directories
4. Find the Application directory for you Kindle App (if you have .mobi ebooks, then you don't need to convert anything.)
5. Drag and drop .mobi into the Documents/eBooks/ folder of the Kindle App Application folder.
6. Make the bookname short, else it won't show in the Kindle App booklist.
7. Begin reading.

Note:
- the .mobi ebook should be without DRM.
- If you're using Kindle App v1.1 (the 1st upgrade, not the 1st download), you may want to add ASIN metadata to each ebook (find ASIN from amazon.com product page i.e. go to The Twilight kindle page, and apply the ASIN of The Twilight into your TheTwilight.mobi using Mobi2mobi GUI)
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-17-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhari79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: .*
Hi Jerry,
I have read somewhere that it is possible to stealthily put mobi books into iphone kindle on a jailbroken iphone.
I dont know much about the legality of this, so not going into more detail

Again textReader needs a jailbroken device and doesnt seem to work in iphone Os 3.0.

--hari
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote