Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-31-2009, 12:07 AM   #1
recordsmith
recordsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Curve
MobiDeDRM a kindle book and List index out of Range

Hey guys,

I hope this is in the right place. I bought a Kindle book for my iphone. I would really like to read it in Stanza. So I DeDRM'd it using mobidedrm v0.2 Things went smoothly from what I can tell. But when I try to open it in Stanza it says "IndexError: list index out of range" This error also happens with Calibre. Calibre can read the metadata but when I try to convert or read it gives the Index error.

Any thoughts? I know this DRM stuff is a no no on the forum, but maybe you guys can point me in the right direction? Is it an decryption problem? I can't test in Mobidesktop because I'm running a PPC mac.

Thanks
recordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:26 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It might be because Stanza isn't very good at reading Mobipocket ebooks. Or it might be because there are a few bugs in 0.02 and it can't handle all Mobipocket ebooks.

On a completely different topic — who's that shadowy figure over there in that car... that can't be safe, driving backwards while tapping away at a laptop. Someone ought to tell him it's dangerous, possibly illegal. But how to tell him? If only there was somewhere on the internet that he might see a comment...
[wait for it]
[will it be worth the wait?]
...perhaps that dark reverser has a blog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by recordsmith View Post
But when I try to open it in Stanza it says "IndexError: list index out of range" This error also happens with Calibre. Calibre can read the metadata but when I try to convert or read it gives the Index error.

Last edited by pdurrant; 07-23-2009 at 08:38 AM. Reason: increased suspense
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2009, 10:01 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I agree with pdurrant: try version 0.05.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:08 PM   #4
recordsmith
recordsmith began at the beginning.

Device: Blackberry Curve
Thanks for the info! I was actually using version .01 of mobiddrm... Dumb Dumb Dumb...
thanks
recordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote