Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-21-2013, 07:01 AM   #1
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Baen gift voucher for use on a monthly bundle

I'm about to buy this bundle, so if anyone is interested in a chain for a Baen voucher, to use on the bundle, P.M me and we can start one off.
We'll need to write out some new rules I guess
Anyone good at that sort of thing?

Revolution: Book Three of the Secret World Chronicles
Partial (1/2 Ebook now; full Ebook available 12/16/13)
by Mercedes Lackey, Cody Martin, Dennis Lee, and Veronica Giguere
1636: Seas of Fortune
by Iver Cooper
The Forever Engine
by Frank Chadwick
A Liaden Universe Constellation, Volume 2
by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller
A Rising Thunder
Complete
by David Weber
Sunset of the Gods
Complete
by Steve White
The Iron Breed
Complete
by Andre Norton
W201401 January 2014 Monthly Baen Bundle (Last date to buy December 15, 2013)* Price:*$18.00*
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
I'm about to buy this bundle, so if anyone is interested in a chain for a Baen voucher, to use on the bundle, P.M me and we can start one off.
We'll need to write out some new rules I guess
Anyone good at that sort of thing?

Here you are piperclassique.

Monthly Baen Bundle.

For those new to this: When you purchase a month's bundle, Baen allows you to gift a certificate worth $9.99 to someone that does not have an account.

To participate please reply to this thread and then PM the person above you with your e-mail address (that e-mail address can not have been previously used to create a webscription / Baen account). Please put the thread title in the title field of the pm.

Do not use a work email, most work email systems spam filters will send the code off to the bit bucket in the sky, never to be seen again. If you use Google check your spam folder.

Once you have the next person's email, you use the gift certificate code that you received on that months bundle, it will give you a $9.99 discount off of the price of the bundle, you then pay the difference of $8.01. During the checkout process it will allow you to input the next person's email address, we then repeat as often as we can until the thread dies.

Note to those interested - you must use either a credit card or store credit to purchase a bundle or you will NOT get a chance to create the $9.99 gift card to pass along.

If you must use Paypal, you must first purchase enough store credit to cover the purchase. Then use that credit to buy the bundle.(thanks koland)

If you do not want to pay the difference then please do not join the thread.

Please also reply to the thread and pm the next person, when you have redeemed the code and sent on to the next person so we can keep up where we are in the chain, always keep the backup/receipt coupon until the next person has used it.

To make this work better, if you join a Monthly Baen Bundle thread:
  1. Go to MobileRead User CP.
  2. Choose Edit Options.
  3. In Messaging & Notification; check Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages.
This way you will receive a email when the code is passed on.

From the BaenEbooks FAQ:
Spoiler:
Monthly Baen Bundles

What are Monthly Baen Bundles?

A Monthly Baen Bundle contains Ebook editions of all the books Baen publishes on paper that month. These bundles normally contain between six and eight Ebooks and are much cheaper than buying the Ebooks individually.

What's the benefit of purchasing an Ebook that's part of the Monthly Baen Bundle?
Purchasing a Monthly Baen Bundle early entitles you to the following benefits:
  • A cost savings of at least the price of one Ebook!
  • Pre-release access to books prior to their mass-market publication!
  • At least four titles new to Baen Ebooks
  • 4-8 exciting Baen Ebooks in one bundled purchase

How much is a Monthly Baen Bundle?

A monthly Baen Bundle costs $18 per month. This payment entitles you to the entirety of all Ebooks included in that month's bundle, no matter when you purchased the bundle.

How does the Monthly Baen Bundle Program work?

Each novel is published in three segments, one month apart, beginning three months before the actual publication date. Each month, several books are available. For each month purchased, you receive access to a directory containing these books.

Four months before publication, the Ebook is listed as Forthcoming.

Three months before publication, you gain access to the first Half of the books in HTML format.

Two months before publication, you gain access to the first Three Quarters of the books in HTML format.

On the publication date, you receive full access and can download the entire bundle in all seven DRM-free formats.
As we release the full Ebooks as individual titles, bookstores around the country will begin to stock the physical versions of the new release titles.

Only post if you are willing to pay the difference between the $9.99 gift and the $18.00 bundle price.
Then pass the gift to the next person.

The following directions are still good just use gift certificate for Baen Monthly Bundle.

Sample gift certificate:
Spoiler:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2013-10-21 11:05:53.png
Views:	1491
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	113786

Link to good write up on directions.

Baen Ebooks FAQ.

Thanks to SilverBear here are screenshots of the check out procress at Baen Ebooks.

Baen Gift Certificate tutorial #1
Baen Gift Certificate tutorial #2
Baen Gift Certificate tutorial #3

Relevant Posts on the page are #82-#84.

bernie

P.S.

I am not in The chain, just posted rules.
I already have this bundle

** FAQ updated 09/03/2016
URL updated 09/05/2016

Last edited by gbm; 09-05-2016 at 11:14 AM. Reason: koland edit. added micropay faq link updated
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2013, 10:39 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Note to those interested - you must use either a credit card or store credit to purchase a bundle or you will NOT get a chance to create the $9.99 gift card to pass along.

If you must use Paypal, you must first purchase enough store credit to cover the purchase. Then use that credit to buy the bundle.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
I would love to participate. I'm pm'ing the email to piperclassique.
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post

If you must use Paypal, you must first purchase enough store credit to cover the purchase. Then use that credit to buy the bundle.
Thanks will add to the rules.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #6
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bundle purchased and code on the way to Marcy.
Thanks to GBM and Koland for the rules, and the heads up on paypal.
Cheers all!
Old 10-22-2013, 07:54 PM   #7
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got the code, but have no one to pass it on to. Really? The chains were super long when the books were free. $8.01 for 6 books is a steal.

I ordered my books and passed the code onto my dummy email account, so have it waiting if anyone else is interested.
Old 10-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #8
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T1, Kindle Touch, misc. Android devices, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
I got the code, but have no one to pass it on to. Really? The chains were super long when the books were free. $8.01 for 6 books is a steal.

I ordered my books and passed the code onto my dummy email account, so have it waiting if anyone else is interested.
I'm interested. Was thinking about doing something similar with the December bundle since the last free bundle was the November one.

Marcy, do you want to just PM the code to me and I'll send the new code to a second email and hold onto it until the next person joins?

Last edited by hwlester; 10-22-2013 at 10:15 PM.
hwlester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:23 AM   #9
TheLongshot
Groupie
TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.TheLongshot knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Add me next on the list.
TheLongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:43 AM   #10
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot

I don't think it matters which bundle you buy, it hould still work as a chain. Just a thought...
Old 10-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #11
hwlester
Wizard
hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hwlester ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
I don't think it matters which bundle you buy, it hould still work as a chain. Just a thought...
Yes, if nobody had started this one, I was debating buying a bundle, then using the coupon code to buy a second bundle...
Old 10-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #12
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
Sending a PM to Longshot to be (hopefully) next on the list.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
hwlester
Wizard

Marcy hasn't responded to my post, so I PM'd.
Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #14
Marcy
Guru

Code PM'd to hwlester.

If you buy the bundles one at a time, you can buy all the available bundles using the code, i.e. buy a bundle, enter your dummy email to get a code. Use that code on the next bundle, etc.

So, theoretically this should be the only thread we ever need to pass this deal along, as the vouchers are good for one year. I was able to buy all three bundles for $8.01 each this way and still have a code to pass on to the next person.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #15
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I'd join in, but have already purchased the dec & Jan bundles...
koland is offline   Reply With Quote