Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #46
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Heh... you know I almost put on my helmet and thought of you as I typed that! ;P

I mean adding a brand new CMAKE based project to buildroot... Argh.

: )

nuttin wrong with CMAKE
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #47
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

oooooh kay.... Windows 8 test:

KINDLE:
rdesktop: A Remote Desktop Protocol client.
Version 1.5.0. Copyright (C) 1999-2005 Matt Chapman.

FAIL

DESKTOP: (mine)
Version 1.7.0. Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Matthew Chapman et al.
See http://www.rdesktop.org/ for more information.

WORKS

so... Let me see about maybe dragging the version forward I am offering.
working - on - it.
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #48
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@twobob: Ha, that's what I thought . Can't help you with BR, sorry .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:58 PM   #49
twobob

Now:
On kindle:

[root@kindle bin]# ./rdesktop
rdesktop: A Remote Desktop Protocol client.
Version 1.7.0. Copyright (C) 1999-2011 Matthew Chapman et al.

See how we go..

EDIT:

Nup...

Ok. I'll try 1.8.0 *crosses fingers*
but I dont see "Make Windows 8 work on a kindle" in the list of patches
http://fossies.org/linux/privat/rdes...oc/patches.txt

Onward...

Last edited by twobob; 09-10-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #50
Kryxan
Kryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud ofKryxan has much to be proud of

Device: Touch
twobob, go get yourself a 6-pack, on me.
Kryxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #51
twobob

I have successfully built and run 1.8.0 now.

Still no joy.

humph. private Colormap? I dunno...

I'll update the top post. on the plus side I suppose at least everyone else now benefits from a couple of days work on it.

Shiny newer version!

EDIT:

some SLIGHT progress with the windows 8 stuff...

(pictured)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_608.png
Views:	373
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	110782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_611.png
Views:	356
Size:	210.7 KB
ID:	110783  

Last edited by twobob; 09-10-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:39 PM   #52
twobob

hmm... havent managed to get it much better than that so far sadly...

I think the LOGIN screen is the most telling:

(screenied)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_615.png
Views:	330
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	110785  
Old 09-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #53
twobob

Honestly? I give up on the whole windows 8 thing for right now.
Got as close as I am going to get without some serious code level changes.

Install VNC.
:P
Old 09-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #54
twobob

Bumped top version to 1.8.0
Old 09-17-2013, 12:41 PM   #55
Q-the-STORM
Q-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud of

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
when I open rdesktop and select server1 or 2, my paperwhite just flickers and goes back to the main menu...

I set up rdp in my win7 pro with Level Network Authentication, got a password on my admin account...
kindle paperwhite firmware 5.3.5, got jailbreak (obviously), KUAL, some apps on it...

I set domain to the local IP address of the PC I'm trying to connect to...
Kindle is connected to the same network via wifi...

what am I doing wrong?
Q-the-STORM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 02:34 PM   #56
twobob

Level Network Authentication is only newly supported. (AFAIK, which isn't far)

Status

The latest stable version of rdesktop is 1.8.0. This release includes features regarding authentication and security such as Network Level Authentication (NLA) which adds support for SSL/TLSv1 connections and kerberos server authentication.

Perhaps try a different auth type. (we are running 1.8.3 now FWIW)

and maybe run desktop direct from SSH server to get more error output.
or adjust the script to stream the output to /mnt/us/documents/report.txt

Last edited by twobob; 09-17-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:18 AM   #57
Q-the-STORM
Q-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud ofQ-the-STORM has much to be proud of

tried with and without NLA, both don't work...

I assume I just have to add "> /mnt/us/documents/report.txt" to the runner.sh?

I got this line now:

Quote:
/mnt/us/extensions/rdesktop/bin/rdesktop -T L:A_N:application_ID:com.twobob.rdesktop -u $USERNAME -p $PASSWORD $DOMAIN -g "$WIDTH"x"$HEIGHT" -k de > /mnt/us/documents/report.txt
it creates the report.txt, but it's empty when I open it...
Old 09-18-2013, 06:27 AM   #58
twobob

hmm... Again I don't have such a desktop to connect to...

:\ gah
Old 09-18-2013, 08:50 AM   #59
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q-the-STORM View Post
tried with and without NLA, both don't work...

I assume I just have to add "> /mnt/us/documents/report.txt" to the runner.sh?

I got this line now:

it creates the report.txt, but it's empty when I open it...
1) try 'append' (>>) rather than 'write' (>)
2) try capturing stderr rather than (or in addition to) stdout

Note: I found some problem(s) with the ash 'append' implementation - sorry don't recall the details.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:40 AM   #60
Q-the-STORM

alright, stderr gets us closer:

Quote:
/mnt/us/extensions/rdesktop/bin/rdesktop:
error while loading shared libraries:
libasound.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hope someone knows how to get libasound on the kindle, so rdesktop can use it..

Last edited by Q-the-STORM; 09-18-2013 at 12:41 PM.

Tags
launcher add-ons, rdesktop