Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Transfer of Book cover & Comments from Calibre to Kindle

A short while ago I asked if it was possible to transfer this data from Calibre to Kindle.
A very good suggestion was made to use 'Convert Books' and under 'Structure Detection', tick the box relating to 'Inserting metadata as page at start of book'.

The only query I have is how is this implemented (ie comments to book on Kindle) if you are not wanting to convert a book? A large number of books I get are from Amazon in .azw format and I don't want to really convert these to say .mobi or any other format.

Would really appreciate some help on this as I would like all my books going to the Kindle to have comments and cover.
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There's no way to do it if you are not willing to convert. Amazon does not support comments metadata on its ebook readers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #3
mitch13
Groupie

Thanks for the extremely prompt reply Kovid.

I am quite willing to convert, no problem. It would mean (for example) converting say .azw to .mobi?

Would that create any problems on the Kindle at a later date?

Cheers

John
Old 01-11-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
AZW and MOBI are the same thing. Amazon just renamed AZW to MOBI because they could. There should be no problems, but even if there are, you will still posses the original AZWs.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #5
mitch13
Groupie

Many thanks kovid - will try a few before I go in 'Bulk'
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 05:44 PM   #6
djeaton
djeaton began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I don't know if this is related to not, but when I convert books and then send the to my Kindle, they show up in my books category (as opposed to documents), but don't have the cover displayed. Is there a way to have the covers on them?
djeaton is offline   Reply With Quote