Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #31
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Thank you!
Your welcome! I hope that answered your question.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:49 PM   #32
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks for your responses. If I can get the sidebar to show that may well help.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #33
jswinden
Nameless Being

The Sidebar helps me to navigate better.

I did notice that iTunes 11 is a bit flaky. After a sync with my iPad 3 it suddenly lost track of the iPad 3 and I had to unplug it and then replug it in to get iTunes to recognize it. Other than that one incident it seems to run okay and it is definitely faster than iTunes 10.x.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #34
HYPE
Groupie
HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HYPE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I think it's awesome. A very welcomed update. The "Up Next" feature should have been there 5 years ago, but at least it's finally there.
HYPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #35
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I hated it, I have 180gb in iTunes so iCloud is no use to me. I managed to revert back to 10.7 and reloaded everything after my last backup. I have a lot of videos in my itunes and 11 kept crashing and lost the genres they were in, it was unworkable for me.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #36
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
New update is out.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 PM   #37
jswinden
Nameless Being

Yep, they released 11.0.1. This seems like a very minor update. I sort of liked 11.x when I first installed it but that was when I rarely used it because the iPad rarely needs to use it. But now that I have my iPod touch 5th gen I use it a lot and have found it to be buggy!
Old 12-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #38
Love.Forever.
Monarch Butterfly ...
Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Love.Forever. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S4, Nexus 7 32GB, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8"
It looks really nice, though I'm still trying to navigate my way around it especially when I plug in my iPod to transfer music.
Love.Forever. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #39
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I see very little difference with previous versions myself. I use iTunes only to update apps and backup my iThingies. All I can see is a few minor interface changes, and the bigger icons which are rather unfortunate for me since my big Cinema Display is in storage at the moment and I'm stuck with my small 15 inch MacBook display.

Last edited by FlorenceArt; 12-18-2012 at 04:58 AM.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #40
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can tweak the interface so it looks pretty much the same as the older version. I run it on my 11.6" notebook and, although it's not great, it's perfectly usable.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM   #41
jswinden
Nameless Being

Unfortunately my trusty old desktop on which I had iTunes died yesterday. Now I've got to transfer all that to my small 14" laptop. Not looking forward to that at all. I had iTunes on that desktop for several years and did backups to the desktop. I think I'll switch to backing up some things to the iCloud. But I'm just not yet up to the task of installing and setting it up on my laptop.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #42
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Unfortunately my trusty old desktop on which I had iTunes died yesterday. Now I've got to transfer all that to my small 14" laptop. Not looking forward to that at all. I had iTunes on that desktop for several years and did backups to the desktop. I think I'll switch to backing up some things to the iCloud. But I'm just not yet up to the task of installing and setting it up on my laptop.
If the monitor is still good why not use it with your laptop? I always use a bigger monitor if one is available.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:37 PM   #43
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
If the monitor is still good why not use it with your laptop? I always use a bigger monitor if one is available.

Dale
I am using the 23" monitor, but that was not why I'm dreading the installation and setup of iTunes on the laptop. Every time I've tried to move iTunes to another computer I've encountered numerous issues. One time I hit the wrong button at the wrong time and iTunes dutifully wiped out all my emails for several years. I had backups, but still.... Hopefully Apple has improved the process from back then, but I suspect there will still be issues. After all, Apple is not known for great software (other than OS's), especially as of late.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #44
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
iTunes wiped out your emails? What?
holymadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:20 PM   #45
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by holymadness View Post
iTunes wiped out your emails? What?
Yep. It was back when I still used Outlook. When iTunes was set up for a new iPad it asked if I wanted to sync the emails on the iPad with Outlook. Unfortunately the options available were very poorly written and I chose the wrong option which replaced my emails in Outlook with the ones on my new iPad. Since there were no emails on the new iPad I wound up with zero emails in Outlook. I cannot remember the precise labels for the options, but they certainly were confusing and the one I chose did the opposite of what I thought it would. Another time I had my contacts erased due to a similar set of circumstances. I no longer use Outlook nor keep my mail on my computer only, it is now a cloud based IMAP account.