Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #1
ipsg
ipsg began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
BookZ for iPad: eBook Reader with Dictionaries

For those who needs to look up alien words when reading, there's a new eBook reader app that allows adding additional dictionaries
It's called BookZ HD. BookZ was one of the oldest ereader available on the iPhone--it is now available for the iPad.

The app offers a reading experience similar to iBooks. It loads txt files and allows adding additional Stardict dictionaries.

Recommended for those who read foreign literature

http://itunes.apple.com/app/bookz-hd...ign-mpt=uo%3D4

Last edited by ipsg; 11-01-2011 at 10:26 PM.
ipsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #2
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
That's cool. Thanks. I'll keep this in mind if someone ever asks the question. I always get the obscure tech questions. LOL...
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
Blio is another that has built in dictionary support - it's not as feature-packed/configurable as others, but I'm finding that for me, at least, it's a decent Stanza replacement.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:30 PM   #4
valb2953
Enthusiast
valb2953 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad,kindle
where is it?

sounds good, but i couldn't find it to download. i searched the apple app store, but it wasn't found. v.b.
valb2953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The screen shots of BookZ HD look awful. Can it actually do real formatting? Optimized for text files? Sorry, but this eBook reader is not going to cut it.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2011, 09:49 PM   #6
valb2953
Enthusiast
valb2953 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad,kindle
never mind! i found it.the search string is bookz-hd. v.b.
valb2953 is offline   Reply With Quote