Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 03:47 AM   #1
Dinah-Moe Humm
Dinah-Moe Humm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Multipage HTML file > Mobi or PDF?

Hi all,

I searched the forum for quite a while but I haven't been able to stir up anything that seems to match this situation (but I may have missed it; apologies if that's the case).

I have an ebook I downloaded that is in HTML format, with each page of the book as a separate HTML file. Specifically, the folder is a ZIP folder; in the ZIP folder are a folder that says "files" and an HTML document called "start here". The individual HTML files, one for each page of the book, are in the "files" folder.

I've tried using Calibre to convert the book into a format readable on my Kindle, but no dice, and of course dragging & dropping doesn't work either. Has anyone else dealt with this type of book?

Thanks in advance.
Dinah-Moe Humm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
slex
Addict
slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Onyx Boox M92
Try htmldoc. It is available for both Windows and Linux.
slex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinah-Moe Humm View Post
Hi all,

I searched the forum for quite a while but I haven't been able to stir up anything that seems to match this situation (but I may have missed it; apologies if that's the case).

I have an ebook I downloaded that is in HTML format, with each page of the book as a separate HTML file. Specifically, the folder is a ZIP folder; in the ZIP folder are a folder that says "files" and an HTML document called "start here". The individual HTML files, one for each page of the book, are in the "files" folder.

I've tried using Calibre to convert the book into a format readable on my Kindle, but no dice, and of course dragging & dropping doesn't work either. Has anyone else dealt with this type of book?

Thanks in advance.
I would suggest placing all the HTML files at the top of the zip file and not hierarchy and try Calibre again. Report on what the problems are.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Another choice would be to download Sigil from this site and import your html files into it. It will only create ePUB files.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 03:43 PM   #5
kokoshmusun
kokoshmusun began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I have the same problem. I tried htmldoc and unfortunately, while it did the job, it created a lot of weird characters (A with a hat) here and there throughout the document.

I tried to put some htmls together in the same folder, and then use an html file that I created as stated in the calibre website, and tried to convert to pdf using calibre, but I got an unopenable pdf.

I'm now thinking I could probably just copy and past contents of each page onto openoffice and create a pdf from there, although that's a pretty inefficient solution as I have other books that are like this.
kokoshmusun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
html, kindle 2