Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-19-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
Elwro
Elwro began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
M92: how to ged rid of interlace

My Wife bought me a 9.7 inch M92 some 11 months ago. It's my favourite reading device and I have spent hundreds of hours using it.

Yesterday (I'm travelling) just before going to sleep I put it down next to my bed in 'Standby' mode, as I usually do. This morning, to my horror, I found the screen to be interlaced. That is, every second horizontal pixel line is white.

I tried rebooting and restoring factory settings, to no avail. What should I do? Thanks in advance!
Elwro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 11:24 AM   #2
Elwro

Thanks! But can't I just install it from here: https://onyx-boox.com/support/firmware/ ?

Are you confident it's not a physical problem? Has anyone had a similar issue?

edit: there was a post I replied to, suggesting I reinstall firmware, but it disappeared in the meantime.
Old 03-19-2015, 11:27 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Dunno about your problem, but the post was spam (posted random stuff to five different threads by the time I reported it, each one had a hidden 1-pixel image ) -- so I don't know how helpful it would be...

Edit: hah, evil spammer appears again!
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 03:13 AM   #4
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
What a confusing thread...

The interlacing suggests a broken H/W component or wiring. A software bug (unless it's a faulty byte in the driver itsself) is unlikely to cause this. Does the interlacing appear in all stages of operation (off, boot, shutdown, erc.?) If so, it's almost surely a H/W issue and you need to repair it.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:58 AM   #5
Elwro

The interlacing appears whenever the M92 tries to display anything. When it's off I don't see a difference from how it looked before. But the "Reading the world" image, the booting image and all the menus etc. are interlaced.

What I find weird is that the problem appeared overnight when the M92 was lying dormant in its case. I thought I was taking really good care of it; I never dropped it down or hit it with anything, and I always keep it in a special case. I think the warranty hasn't expired yet, thankfully.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Definitely a case for warranty, then, I think. Don't hesitate to use it, it obviously is a defect in the device, not caused by the user.
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
interlace, m92 error