Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #1
authorava
authorava began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
Sigil metadata code questions

I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have the metadata code right for ISBN:

<dc:identifier opf:scheme="ISBN">9780996357029</dc:identifier>

and does anyone know what this one is: It doesn't show up in the metadata editor window, just the content.opf file

<dc:identifier id="BookId" opf:scheme="UUID">urn:uuid:98ae0034-7473-4ebe-b39d-809952f0b9e3</dc:identifier>

Thank you,
Ava
authorava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Every epub requires a unique uuid based identifier whose "id" attribute is specified in the content.opf package tag. This id (in your case "BookId") points to the metadata with the required uuid. Please note, font obfuscation based schemes (both Adobe and IDPF) use this uuid to handle obfuscating and de-obfuscating embedded fonts.

In epub3, this uuid plus the modifier date constitutes a more complete over time unique identifier preventing the constant need to generate a new uuid after each edit or change is made.

It does not show up in the metadata editor to prevent users from deleting it and possibly messing up their epub (especially those with embedded fonts). If you really need to change it, you need to know how to link it to the package tag properly but only after de-obfuscating any embedded fonts.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by authorava View Post
I was wondering if someone could tell me if I have the metadata code right for ISBN:

<dc:identifier opf:scheme="ISBN">9780996357029</dc:identifier>
We use the form :
Code:
<dc:identifier opf:scheme="urn:isbn">urn:isbn:...</dc:identifier>
with the actual ISBN replacing the "..."

HTH
Albert

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-24-2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Fixed closing quote tag
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote