Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #1
skytalon
skytalon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Picture Viewer experiment

Since the Elfquest.com is posting every single comic ever made online, so I was thinking of trying to turn it into a book and put it on kindle.

It was successful at the same time, not. I processed the images(surprisingly high res) into grayscale kindle-friendly images, then uploaded to the kindle via USB, and used ALT-Z. It is readable. However, the bad part is that the pages aren't in order.

So anybody has experiences with this? I just wanted to know. I know maybe if I made it into pdf it'd be in order for sure, but it s too much work for this.
skytalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Are the picture named sequentially (picture1, picture2, picture3, etc.)? One problem you might be having is picture11 might be placed before picture2.

I think the fastest way to do it is make an HTML file with links to all the pictures, and then use Mobipocket creator to make an ebook.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
skytalon

I have to figure out how to get the parallels working in leopard.

Anyways, yeah i started the file at 10.jpg, instead of 1.jpg.

Still same problem. Thanks for suggestion. I ll have to try to get the parallels to work.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Try this:

Make the HTML file, then ZIP it in a folder with the pictures. Email it to your Kindle.

I've never tried it, but I think the automated conversion should be able to figure out the HTML+pictures when making an ebook.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
Why not name 1 as 001? If you always use a 3 digital scheme to name your picture, then the alphabetical sorting scheme sort work for you.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
skytalon

Tried it the 001 naming convention, still the same. I guess I have to try mobipocket.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Try this:

Make the HTML file, then ZIP it in a folder with the pictures. Email it to your Kindle.

I've never tried it, but I think the automated conversion should be able to figure out the HTML+pictures when making an ebook.
I decided to answer my own post. I tried this. It didn't work. I'm surprised. Maybe this is a feature that should be added to the automated converter (*hint*, *hint*).

P.S. You don't need to use MobiCreator. If you embed the photos in a MSWord doc, then it will be converted when you send the doc to @kindle.com.
Old 03-22-2008, 05:04 PM   #8
skytalon

That would mean I have to pay 10 cents for the conversion, correct?
Old 03-22-2008, 05:09 PM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Use your free kindle address. It's @free.kindle.com The converted file will be emailed back to you instead of loaded on to your Kindle via Whispernet.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:14 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytalon View Post
That would mean I have to pay 10 cents for the conversion, correct?
No, you never have to pay for conversions. The 10c fee is for the wireless transfer if you choose to have the converted document sent directly to your Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 AM   #11
royAL
royAL began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would double check your filenames. Do they list in order when you view the folder? I have converted a couple of sources into a sequential list of pictures and it always comes up in order on the kindle. Also, you really want to get this to work rather than adding them to html. If you use the manga mode (creating a book from pictures) you can view them fullscreen and set the dithering/resize settings.
royAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #12
skytalon

Sorry for getting so back so late, i just wanted to tell you all thanks for the help and suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by royAL View Post
I would double check your filenames. Do they list in order when you view the folder? I have converted a couple of sources into a sequential list of pictures and it always comes up in order on the kindle. Also, you really want to get this to work rather than adding them to html. If you use the manga mode (creating a book from pictures) you can view them fullscreen and set the dithering/resize settings.
I did rename and all, iwth the excellent program called "Renamer4Mac". Still mixed results. :T Oh, well.