Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-29-2023, 06:36 AM   #1
WimPM
WimPM began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition (11e generation)
Send epub from Calibre to Kindle.

Hi, I 've a question. Amazon will be soon stopping the support of the Mobi-format for all Kindle's. Instead they are supporting the epub-format. I always did use Calibre for converting epub to mobi. Is there a way that I can put an epub-file from Calibre to Kindle? Or do I have to convert them to the AZW3-format?
WimPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 09:19 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Convert to AZW3. Mobi will still work for direct transfer (the end of supporting mobi applies to emailing and send-to-kindle apps, not to direct transfer), but AZW3 is a better format in every regard.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 09:38 AM   #3
WimPM

I was able to send an epub-book by calbre to my Kindle, but I can't find it on my Kindle.
If I connect my Kindle to my Mac I can see that the file is on the Kindle.
What could be wrong?
Old 10-29-2023, 09:46 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Which model Kindle?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:05 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimPM View Post
I was able to send an epub-book by calbre to my Kindle, but I can't find it on my Kindle.
If I connect my Kindle to my Mac I can see that the file is on the Kindle.
What could be wrong?
Kindles can't read epubs.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:41 AM   #6
WimPM

Yes, I will convert them to AZW3 in the future. Thanks for your answer.
Old 10-29-2023, 10:44 AM   #7
WimPM

Kindle Paperwhite Signature 11e Edition
Old 11-07-2023, 07:40 AM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WimPM View Post
Kindle Paperwhite Signature 11e Edition
Then absolutely azw3, not azw or prc or mobi
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote