Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-10-2014, 08:59 PM   #916
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
I've updated the first post.

I've entitled 3.5.0 as the Let There Be Light release, in honour of fixing the light after sleep problem.

A new Desktop has also been released.

And here is the 3.5.0 discussion thread...

Last edited by murg; 07-11-2014 at 04:07 AM.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:56 AM   #917
leftright
Addict
leftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneleftright makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Kobo Glo
More explicite sideload instructions

currently the instructions are;
Installation Instructions for Direct Zip Files

Get a zip file.
Unzip the zip file.
If going to a previous version, you may want to do a Factory Reset.
Connect your device to the computer and select Connect on the device (if asked). Make sure that the Kobo Desktop is not running.
Copy the entire contents of the zip file to the .kobo directory on the device.
Disconnect the device.
The Touch will now install the new software.

Shouldn't it be;

Get a zip file.
Unzip the zip file.
If going to a previous version, you may want to do a Factory Reset.
Connect your device to the computer and select Connect on the device (if asked). Make sure that the Kobo Desktop is not running.
Copy the entire contents of the unzipped directory to the .kobo directory on the device.
Disconnect the device.
The Touch will now install the new software.
leftright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:39 PM   #918
omnimodis78
Enthusiast
omnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I'm very much interested in updating my Aura HD to the current 3.5.0 version because I might not have the chance to do so for a few weeks - but I've always had the patience (and means) to wait for updates to be pushed OTA. Using this (forced update?) route, is basically exactly the same thing, or is there a risk that by the time the OTA update is released, it will not be identical to the one I'd be using from here. Thanks for any feedback!

Last edited by omnimodis78; 07-11-2014 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
omnimodis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #919
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Hi,

Do you know if this new firmware (3.5.0) is compatible with "night mode" ?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #920
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimodis78 View Post
I'm very much interested in updating my Aura HD to the current 3.5.0 version because I might not have the chance to do so for a few weeks - but I've always had the patience (and means) to wait for updates to be pushed OTA. Using this (forced update?) route, is basically exactly the same thing, or is there a risk that by the time the OTA update is released, it will not be identical to the one I'd be using from here. Thanks for any feedback!
The sideloaded version comes from Kobo's site and is the same as the version pushed out when an OTA update occurs.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #921
omnimodis78
Enthusiast
omnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animalsomnimodis78 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The sideloaded version comes from Kobo's site and is the same as the version pushed out when an OTA update occurs.

Regards,
David
David, you are always so helpful and respectful in your responses. Thank you...
omnimodis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #922
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftright View Post
currently the instructions are;

Copy the entire contents of the zip file to the .kobo directory on the device.

Shouldn't it be;

Copy the entire contents of the unzipped directory to the .kobo directory on ...
There's one in every crowd...

I'll check this out. I usually don't sideload the firmware anymore, but I am reading some books that have very long paragraphs, and want the long paragraph fix.

And...I find the light being disabled on sleeping as a most heinous lack of competence on Kobo's part.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #923
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnimodis78 View Post
David, you are always so helpful and respectful in your responses. Thank you...
One Canadian thanking another Canadian for being polite...

Geez, what's the world coming to?
Old 07-11-2014, 10:43 PM   #924
lightinthedark
lightinthedark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
Hi,

Do you know if this new firmware (3.5.0) is compatible with "night mode" ?
Nope, night mode stopped working for me.
lightinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56 PM   #925
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Did you reinstall it?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #926
lightinthedark
lightinthedark began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yes. Build 13, no go.
lightinthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 02:14 AM   #927
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I am happy to report a rapid and completely uneventful sideload of the new update onto my (unhacked/untweaked) Aura. Thanks!
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 04:24 AM   #928
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Hi my friends,

I've installed FW 3.5.0 and night mode v13, and......... all is ok !!!
Old 07-13-2014, 04:57 AM   #929
akorx
Addict

Just a question, maybe it's not the good place for it : is there a way to install a "wikipedia offline" (kiwix ?) in ours devices ?
Old 07-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #930
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
That's fantastic... Kobo Desktop doesn't work anymore. It gives me the infamous error "kobo.exe is not a valid win32 application". Furthermore I can't use an older version, since you have to update it or you can't use it. I never see a program that force you to update it... now I have to use the sideloading installation.

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 07-13-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote