Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-22-2015, 06:33 PM   #1
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Book links in ToC open as footnotes in Calibre Reader

I'm trying to understand what makes Calibre reader open a link as a footnote versus as a chapter link.

A made book I have opens links as footnotes in the calibre reader (when I click on the link in Calibre). I am using calibre 2.28.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You either mark the link explicitly as a footnote using epub 3 footnote markup, or the viewer detects it is a footnote -- if it is styled as a superscript or points to a file that contains a backlink back to the start link.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2015, 09:02 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Ninjad by Kovid (My comments were also EPUB2 based
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I'm trying to understand what makes Calibre reader open a link as a footnote versus as a chapter link.

A made book I have opens links as footnotes in the calibre reader (when I click on the link in Calibre). I am using calibre 2.28.
Mostly it is where they point to! (and in many cases, there is not a reverse link)

Footnotes usually do not have a TOC entry .

Links can point to anywhere there is an <a id+"#blah" to land in or Top-of- file

Auto generated TOC (NCX) uses <h# tags as the marker , if not at TOF, they will get an auto generated id=

Last edited by theducks; 07-22-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Ninjad
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote