Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 03:08 PM   #511
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
You do realize I am trying to get around the "only vote if you are going to discuss rule?
Sigh. I chose to interpret it as relating to nominations only, especially since discussion of that particular topic is done. Anyone with comments along those lines can PM me.

But since it's been started, I'll comment that a book club is participatory and not a performance, which seems self-evident to me. Anyone who wants to read along obviously can and welcome, but it's going to be those who'll discuss the book who get to choose it. Carry voting without discussing to its logical extreme and you've got a popularity poll and no discussion at all. Moreover, anyone who doesn't want to commit to the discussion is free to nominate books and influence the outcome at that stage.

Time to put the wiggly worms back in the can. No more comments, please. People are welcome to PM me if they have something to say.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #512
tourneur
Enthusiast
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Clara
Hello all, I'm Alex from the Netherlands and new here at MR. I hope to take part in a future book club reading and looking forward to the selections!

Last edited by tourneur; 09-07-2019 at 09:47 AM.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #513
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, GloHD, Aura One
Welcome, Alex! Glad to have you.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:15 PM   #514
CRussel
Grand Sorcerer
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 10th Gen Paperwhite, Oasis, Voyage, original Paperwhite, Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourneur View Post
Hello all, I'm Alex from the Netherlands and new here at MR. I hope to take part in a future book club reading and looking forward to the selections!
Welcome, Alex! Always good to have new recruits.

Please let us know which sources of books you use -- we currently try to watch for availability issues in Australia, the US, Canada and the UK. But we can extend that if we need to.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:38 PM   #515
tourneur
Enthusiast
tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tourneur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Welcome, Alex! Always good to have new recruits.

Please let us know which sources of books you use -- we currently try to watch for availability issues in Australia, the US, Canada and the UK. But we can extend that if we need to.
Thank you! I'm a member at the Amsterdam library. They've got a big selection, but you can also request books from other libraries and they'll have it shipped over. You can also borrow e-books which I've been doing since getting an ereader. There are also quite a few second-hand book stores to find rarer books.
tourneur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:53 PM   #516
Bookpossum
Snoozing in the sun
Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookpossum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, Kobo Touch
Welcome Alex, and we do hope you enjoy being in our Club!
Bookpossum is offline   Reply With Quote