Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-20-2020, 01:59 PM   #1
m__j
m__j began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Does vivlio (French brand of Pocketbook) mount as an external drive?

Hello,

for a long time I was a user of PocketBook; I chose this brand because they were neutral against PC Operating System, the reader was simply mounting as an external drive and I could copy there various non-DRM epubs and PDFs on different machines without unnecessary registrations, accounts, software, being bind to a certain library etc.

As I am a Linux user, I would be rather annoyed with e.g. Kobo which gives users software for Mac and Windows only and needs some hacking to be fully operational under Linux.

Unfortunately I lost my reader and am about to go for vacations, so desperately and quickly need one. I am now in France and wonder if I get a Vivlio HD Plus (https://www.vivlio.com/en/vivlio-readers/) will I be able out of the box to copy my books? Or will I need Linux hacking to get around it?

From what I understand from the Vivlio website here:
https://help.vivlio.com/hc/en-gb/art...t-should-I-do-
It should work, but I would very much appreciate feedback and confirmation from users.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by m__j; 07-20-2020 at 02:02 PM.
m__j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:45 AM   #2
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Can't say for certain as I don't have a Vivlio, but PocketBooks have absolutely no problem hooking up to my Linux computers and it looks like the Vivlio works the same. It's also encouraging that the computer reading app for Vivlio is available for Windows, Macs and Linux machines, so it sounds like they're aware of Linux.

https://help.vivlio.com/hc/en-gb/art...ading-software

https://www.vivlio.com/en/read-vivlio/
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2020, 07:23 AM   #3
fat115
fat115 began at the beginning.

Device: Vivlio/PocketBook Touch HD (Plus/3)
Hello m__j,
I can confirm that at least Vivlio Touch HD Plus (equivalent of PocketBook Touch HD 3) mounts as an "external drive" on a Linux system.
It works perfectly directly or using Calibre. Vivlio is recognized as a PocketBook.

Currently, I'm about to update with PocketBook firmware : more recent and I don't need access to Cultura library.

Hope it'll help you.
fat115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:25 AM   #4
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
YOU DO NOT NEED.
I have vivlio HD, copying books just connect the reader to the PC and copy what you want. There is no restriction.

• Your reader will be displayed as a disk storage :
Code:
Conect Vivlo witch USB to PC → click on  : file transfer → copy files
(Tout ce que vous avez à faire est de connecter votre liseuse avec le câble USB à votre PC,
cliquez sur " transfert de fichiers" et de copier les livres (epub, mobi, n’importe) a la volonté -- sans restriction)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 07-23-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Michal Jancik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 02:54 PM   #5
m__j
m__j began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook
Hello All,

thank you for your help. Just got back from vacation, but I managed to get a real PocletBook (not vivlio) which works perfectly as an external drive. In any case, maybe someone else will find this post useful.
Happy reading to all!

Last edited by m__j; 08-29-2020 at 02:58 PM.
m__j is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert