Notices

Old 09-18-2019, 05:13 AM   #1
nhgbslik
Banned
nhgbslik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Show comments in column

Hi,

I have a calibre library were some books have a little summary. If you edit the metadata of that book, it is listed under "comments" on the right side of the window.

Is it possible to show in the library which book has this filled in or show the first couple of words, like with tags? (If i set the columns to default, i even see the comments tab, but it doesnt show anything, even if the book has a this extra text avaible)

Right now I don´t see, which book has a "summary comment" and which doesnt. Except when i select the book.

Sorry for explaining it in this way.. I might add a screenshot..

thanks for any hint.
nhgbslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Brett Merkey
Not Quite Dead
Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brett Merkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4; Galaxy Tab
Quote:
Right now I don´t see, which book has a "summary comment" and which doesnt. Except when i select the book.
To quickly find books without comments, put this into the search line:
comments:false
Brett Merkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2019, 10:28 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett Merkey View Post
To quickly find books without comments, put this into the search line:
comments:false

That finds those with anything in the comments
I got in the habit of putting: n/a (none available) when I HAVE done a search and come up empty (or when I deleted junky results) to save me doing this over and over
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhgbslik View Post
Hi,

I have a calibre library were some books have a little summary. If you edit the metadata of that book, it is listed under "comments" on the right side of the window.

Is it possible to show in the library which book has this filled in or show the first couple of words, like with tags? (If i set the columns to default, i even see the comments tab, but it doesnt show anything, even if the book has a this extra text avaible)

Sorry for explaining it in this way.. I might add a screenshot..

thanks for any hint.
I do it with a column icon, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-11-13 175037.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	204675

The reason I set it to transparent_square if its empty is to force alignment.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-13-2023 at 02:02 AM. Reason: reinstate screenshot
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote