Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 08-18-2019, 06:58 PM   #1
Navygirl2008
Navygirl2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
error 10054

I am consistently getting a 10054 error. I have been trying for months to transfer all my books to my samsung tab a. Transferring to my Kindle fire hdx works like a dream. Transfers very quickly. Here is the file:

calibre, version 3.46.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1479, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 718, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 604, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

If i transfer via usb will the books show up in my calibre companion?
Navygirl2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navygirl2008 View Post
I am consistently getting a 10054 error. I have been trying for months to transfer all my books to my samsung tab a. Transferring to my Kindle fire hdx works like a dream. Transfers very quickly. Here is the file:

calibre, version 3.46.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

[Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 89, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 593, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 50, in _synchronizer
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 1479, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 718, in _put_file
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\smart_device_app\driver.p y", line 604, in _send_byte_string
error: [Errno 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

If i transfer via usb will the books show up in my calibre companion?
To answer your second Q: No. CC must process books as they are incoming.

This is a Wireless device connection (pushing from Calibre).

Have you tried using the Content server Connection? (the device Pulls selected books from Calibre's Content server)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2019, 08:30 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I suspect that the Samsung is going to sleep, or at least putting CC to sleep, which will break the connection.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:03 PM   #4
Navygirl2008
Navygirl2008 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 10
ok, i have given up using calibre companion to transfer my books and have deleted it. now when i use a usb cable to xfer to external sd card which is huge it tells me i'm out of space. any suggestions?
Navygirl2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:55 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navygirl2008 View Post
ok, i have given up using calibre companion to transfer my books and have deleted it. now when i use a usb cable to xfer to external sd card which is huge it tells me i'm out of space. any suggestions?
If CC is no longer involved: How is this a CC issue?

Is it possible you have a faked (labeled / tricked) high capacity SD card?
Have you run a Disk repair on it (either when in a SD card reader or on the device)?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert