Notices

Old 10-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #1
gill_d
gill_d began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
Please help with regular expressions when adding books

I have a number of books with filenames in this style:

austen-jane-1775-1817_mansfield-park.pdf

The 1775-1817 bit is when the author was alive, and I don't care if that gets left out of the metadata entirely. I'm also not concerned with capitalising the author and book title correctly.

Others in this style:

london_jack-the_call_of_the_wild.pdf

Others in this style:

Doyle, Arthur Conan - Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The.txt

Others in this style:

Grimms Fairy Tales - Adventures of Aladdin.txt

Others in this style:

Lewis, C.S - The Chronicles of Narnia 2 - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.txt

Firstly, I would be grateful for advice on regular expressions for adding these.

Secondly, am I correct in thinking that there's no regular expression which could import all of these correctly at the same time, and thus I will need to import each file-naming-convention separately?
gill_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:25 AM   #2
kite
enturbulated
kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.kite can tell if an avocado is ripe without touching it.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I can't tell you if there is one regex that will do all your filenames.
I know far too little.
If you want to start adding some anyway then ...
Quote:
Doyle, Arthur Conan - Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The.txt

Lewis, C.S - The Chronicles of Narnia 2 - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.txt

This regex from kiwidude works on both of the above two filenames.
Code:
^(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?:(?:\[\s*)?(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>[\d\.]+)(?:\s*\])?\s-\s)?(?P<title>[^(]+)(?:\(.*\))?
works with;
Bloggs, Joe - My title
Bloggs, Joe - Some Series 1 - My title.txt
Bloggs, Joe - Some Series 1.5 - My title.txt
Bloggs, Joe - Some Series 1.5 - My title with sub-title hyphen.txt

Quote:
Grimms Fairy Tales - Adventures of Aladdin.txt
Is this
Series - Title
If so the regex below works when I test it.
(?P<series>[^_]*) - (?P<title>.+)
kite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
regex, regular expressions