Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-09-2019, 11:08 PM   #1
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
It's a bird! It's a plane!

I was on my deck this afternoon, with a mug of tea and my trusty JetBook Lite. That's no surprise. But, wait ...

I see quite a few airplanes. There are a few small, private airports nearby, so I see a lot of private planes. We're on an approach lane to Newark International, but most of Newark's traffic is pretty high. And we're on an approach lane to Morristown (NJ) Municipal Airport, which handles a lot of small, corporate jets (and the smaller Air Force One, when our the president needs to spend time at his Bedminster golf course)

Today I heard a loud plane apparently on approach to Morristown. I looked up, thought I recognized the silhouette, and quickly changed my reading glasses for my "distance" glasses. There, overhead, was the unmistakable outline of a Rutan-designed Raytheon Beechcraft Starship 2000!

As of 2009 there were only 9 still certified by the FAA. Today, I think there are 4 or 5. I'm not really up on my small aircraft identification, but I don't know of any other aircraft that looks like a Starship 2000!

It was cool!

Last edited by cromag; 06-09-2019 at 11:48 PM.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 12:21 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Interesting design. My fav is the blackbird:

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:37 PM   #3
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
In my younger days I seriously coveted a BD5
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bede5.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	171867
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
maddij3700
maddij3700 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Raytheon Beechcraft Starship 2000
Cool plane. I want one. I'd name it Jefferson.
maddij3700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:13 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Interesting design. My fav is the blackbird:

My maternal grandfather worked for a company (Sunstrand) that made some of its parts. They also worked on part of the space shuttle. I think grandpa said that he and another man(at another company) were the only ones who worked on something to do with the fuel pumps of the shuttle.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote