Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 11:36 AM   #1
emstvns
emstvns began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Unhappy Cover image error

I'm a first-time user of Calibre (today) to create an e-book for Kindle. I added my book, edited metadata, browsed for and identified my cover, which appeared, and hit Okay. Eventually I clicked on Edit Book. When I clicked on the bug, it said it "was not referred to by any document in the spine" and users would not be able to view my document. Plus, I there was "nothing" to edit. I don't see anything to "Mark my cover." What am I doing wrong?
emstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:31 AM   #2
retiredbiker
Addict
retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.retiredbiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Oasis, Ubuntu, Jutoh,Kobo Forma
After adding your cover with edit metadata, did you use "Polish" or "Embed Metadata" to actually write the cover into the book files? Do that, and it should appear in the editor.
retiredbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:38 AM   #3
emstvns
emstvns began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Cover image error

I don't see those words used on the screen or pull-down menus.
emstvns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 06:42 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Just add the Polish &/or Embed Metadata tools via Preferences->Toolbars and menus feature.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 09:35 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by emstvns View Post
I don't see those words used on the screen or pull-down menus.
Those are Toolbar Icons that may not be placed on any toolbar. Preferences: Toolbars&Menus: <select toolbar typewhen connected or not)>: move desired from Leftside to rightside (reorder is optional)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover image error