Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-25-2023, 09:16 AM   #1156
durianfarmer
durianfarmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hi,

Could someone help me convert a Danish-English (Da-En) wikitionary dictionary to a format suitable for kobo readers.

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...tardict.tar.gz

Thanks
durianfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2023, 09:38 AM   #1157
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Aura SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by durianfarmer View Post
Hi,

Could someone help me convert a Danish-English (Da-En) wikitionary dictionary to a format suitable for kobo readers.

https://github.com/Vuizur/Wiktionary...tardict.tar.gz

Thanks
dicthtml-da-en.zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-da-en.zip (1.12 MB, 87 views)
nezih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 05:01 AM   #1158
durianfarmer
durianfarmer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezih View Post
dicthtml-da-en.zip
Thanks! it works great!
durianfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 05:15 PM   #1159
kunsttyv
kunsttyv began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Hello, I have a Kobo Libra 2 with custom dictionaries installed.

However the glyphs are not displaying correctly on my Maria Moliner dictionary for Spanish.

I tried to follow the instructions on kobopatch, but as of firmware version 4.35 I see this comment in the config file:

# N.B: From fw 4.32.19508 these are the only customised font-family values reported as having any effect
# The first example will use the default sans-serif font, i.e. Avenir for most non-CJK GUI language locales

That means that I am not able to use the Code2000 font that I loaded on the Kobo. Does anyone know how to solve this with the newest firmware version?
kunsttyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 11:45 AM   #1160
Vas7roman
Vas7roman began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra
Hi!
For many days I have been looking for a Dutch-Russian dictionary for my Kobo.
Unfortunately I can't find anything. I found Dutch-English, but my level of English does not allow me to fully replace russian.

If anyone can help me with this issue, I would be very grateful!
Vas7roman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 12:12 PM   #1161
Rojofo
Zealot
Rojofo began at the beginning.

Device: none
Spanish glyphs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunsttyv View Post
Hello, I have a Kobo Libra 2 with custom dictionaries installed.

However the glyphs are not displaying correctly on my Maria Moliner dictionary for Spanish.

I tried to follow the instructions on kobopatch, but as of firmware version 4.35 I see this comment in the config file:

# N.B: From fw 4.32.19508 these are the only customised font-family values reported as having any effect
# The first example will use the default sans-serif font, i.e. Avenir for most non-CJK GUI language locales

That means that I am not able to use the Code2000 font that I loaded on the Kobo. Does anyone know how to solve this with the newest firmware version?
Hi Kunsttyv, would it not be possible to replace your Code 2000 font by the Avenir font with Spanish glyphs? This may seem naive but perhaps it would work? I'm not very technically minded so this may not be appropriate...

I was also wondering if you could point me to the Moliner dictionary in Kobo format. As an admirer of Spanish literature I read a lot in Spanish which is not a language that I know well, unfortunately, so this dictianary would be very useful to me. Thanks in advance! Best wishes with your glyphs!
Rojofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 02:08 AM   #1162
kunsttyv
kunsttyv began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note
Rojofo, have a look here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320984

The problem is not actually the spanish letters, but rather special characters that Moliner uses in her dictionary to denote synonymes etc.
kunsttyv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 10:35 PM   #1163
S.Thanawat
S.Thanawat began at the beginning.

Device: kindle PW5
Another Eng-Thai Dict.

I have just found another Eng-Tha dict that someone has posted on the Thai forum.

Quote:
This dictionary is using the database from LEXiTRON (http://lexitron.nectec.or.th). It contains about 83,000 definitions.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-th.zip (1.85 MB, 78 views)
S.Thanawat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 06:22 PM   #1164
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Can someone on staff please add the following better hyphenation dictionaries to the first post in this thread? Thanks.

They are...
  • US English
  • French
  • Hungarian
  • German
  • Spanish

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=252405
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 12:20 AM   #1165
freevortex
freevortex began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
Howdy - Anyone able to convert the Cosmere Fictionary v8 for kobo? I'm a bit stuck. Appreciate it! <3
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cosmere_v8.zip (5.36 MB, 54 views)
freevortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 07:05 AM   #1166
nezih
Enthusiast
nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.nezih can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Aura SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by freevortex View Post
Howdy - Anyone able to convert the Cosmere Fictionary v8 for kobo? I'm a bit stuck. Appreciate it! <3
Here you go.
AFAIK, kobo dictionaries' names should be in the format dicthtml-[lang]-[lang].zip. Therefore, I named the file as it is.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dicthtml-en.zip (5.62 MB, 76 views)
nezih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 06:53 AM   #1167
cybersloth
cybersloth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Talking Thanks and query

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
Pocket Dictionary, Welsh-English by W. Richards (ed.1861) (Cym-Eng)
Attachment 188881

An irish-english dictionary, being a thesaurus of the words, phrases and idioms of the modern irish language, with explanations in english. Compiled and edited by rev. Patrick S. Dinneen, M.A. (ed.1904) (Gle-Eng)
Attachment 188882
Hi there, I have installed the Welsh - English dictionary and it works a treat, thank you!

The only little snag is that the dictonary name when using my kobo defaults to the name of the zip file (instead of saying, English - Welsh). Is there any way to correct this?

Thanks again!
cybersloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2023, 02:06 PM   #1168
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersloth View Post
Hi there, I have installed the Welsh - English dictionary and it works a treat, thank you!

The only little snag is that the dictonary name when using my kobo defaults to the name of the zip file (instead of saying, English - Welsh). Is there any way to correct this?
Google tells me that the 2-char ISO language code for Welsh is 'cy', so you could try renaming your dictionary to:
dicthtml-en-cy.zip
and make sure you put it in the custom dictionary directory (i.e. .kobo/custom-dict/) not the main one for Kobo's default dictionaries.

It may need a reboot afterwards, but I'm not sure.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 03:55 AM   #1169
atwin
atwin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara E2
Does someone by chance have a Spanish to Dutch dictionary? I have been trying to find one without much luck.
atwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2023, 04:07 AM   #1170
ibomraine
ibomraine began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Hi,

I've recently got my first kobo and for two days have been trying to convert the stardict fictionaries into kobo ones in vain, with pyglossary and penelope.

Would anyone mind having a go at this one for Malazan the complete series?
Attached Files
File Type: zip Malazan_-_Complete_(StarDict).zip (4.35 MB, 45 views)
ibomraine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo dictionaries