Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
DairyKnight
Connoisseur
DairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with othersDairyKnight plays well with others

Device: PRS-505
Trailing & Padding of Mobi Pocket files

Hi all, I'm working on a tool to generate mobipocket files on Mac. (I know
mobiperl could do that... but there're reasons I'll need my own...)

As I go through the mobi files, I found that between the raw html files and the images, there's always a 2 bytes padding with 0, anyone knows why? Or I can simply specify 'first img record' to be 2?

Second thing is that I found in every mobi file there's a trailing record starting with 'FLIS', anyone knows what it is?

Thanks in advance.
DairyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I can't answer either of your questions, but if you do find out, please add the information to the Mobipocket format page of the wiki:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MOBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyKnight View Post
Hi all, I'm working on a tool to generate mobipocket files on Mac. (I know
mobiperl could do that... but there're reasons I'll need my own...)

As I go through the mobi files, I found that between the raw html files and the images, there's always a 2 bytes padding with 0, anyone knows why? Or I can simply specify 'first img record' to be 2?

Second thing is that I found in every mobi file there's a trailing record starting with 'FLIS', anyone knows what it is?

Thanks in advance.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert