Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
tom8888
tom8888 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle touch
win7 adninistrator will not allow calibre install

Win 7 administrator (me) will not allow calibre to install from the downloads folder. How do I work around this ? It's an HP4440s. Thank you for any thoughts. tom
tom8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom8888 View Post
Win 7 administrator (me) will not allow calibre to install from the downloads folder. How do I work around this ? It's an HP4440s. Thank you for any thoughts. tom
Are you confused ? You say your administrator will not you allow you to install. Then you ask how to install.

For those cases where you can't obtain the rights to install, Calibre portable might be a solution.

Calibre W64 installed on my W7HP Toshiba laptop. I have noticed in W7 that you can lose the authorization dialog under the parent, with no way to bring it back to the forefront. (Alt-Tab does not work on child objects)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #3
tom8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Are you confused ? You say your administrator will not you allow you to install. Then you ask how to install.

For those cases where you can't obtain the rights to install, Calibre portable might be a solution.

Calibre W64 installed on my W7HP Toshiba laptop. I have noticed in W7 that you can lose the authorization dialog under the parent, with no way to bring it back to the forefront. (Alt-Tab does not work on child objects)
Yes, the Calibre Portable installed. Thank you very much !
Old 12-24-2012, 02:55 AM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom8888 View Post
Have you tried right clicking on the Calibre installer and selecting "Run as Administrator" if you are in the administrator's group on the Win7 machine. Quite a few installers need that to be able to run properly.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
tom8888

Thank you all ! Calibre portable installed just fine.
Advert

Tags
calibre install fail