Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-06-2012, 06:52 AM   #31
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm yeah I see your issue

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./soundkloud.py", line 13, in <module>
print '[{2}] Title: {0}\n ID: {1}'.format(track.title, track.id, i)
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xb4' in position 39: ordinal not in range(128)
Spoiler:
and also

Which track would you like to play?4
Quote:
http://ec-media.soundcloud.com/K8Dr3...oy5wWrK6kFE%3D
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./soundkloud.py", line 22, in <module>
call(["mplayer", "{0}".format(stream_url.location)])
NameError: name 'call' is not defined

will dig...

Last edited by twobob; 12-06-2012 at 07:53 AM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:42 AM   #32
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Probably forgot the import...
make sure that there is a
Code:
from subprocess import call
up at the top
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #33
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

will do. am playing now : ) fun!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #34
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
will do. am playing now : ) fun!
I'm pretty proud of it
Old 12-06-2012, 08:02 AM   #35
twobob

Should be : )

Just streamed the first track off of there with one tiny glitch in playback.
But that is mplayer's issue

I'm thinking about guis
Advert
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 AM   #36
twobob

you using http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py for the egg installs?

or some other method?

: D I was using Setuptools version 0.6c11 but I've gone over to the easy_setup
Old 12-06-2012, 08:16 AM   #37
twobob

Okay I am reading up on http://packages.python.org/kitchen/ for the code snippet to manage the mangled names

EDIT:

Quote:
from kitchen.text.converters import to_unicode, to_bytes
and

Quote:
print '[{2}] Title: {0}\n ID: {1}'.format(to_bytes(track.title), track.id, i)
is good enough

I also updated c9 mate

Last edited by twobob; 12-06-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #38
qlob
Official Lurker

I used
Code:
sudo pip-python install soundcloud
on my box, haven't tried it on the kindles yet... maybe pythondialog.sourceforge.net for a gui?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #39
qlob
Official Lurker

they have suport for easy_install soundcloud.. its on the github page...
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #40
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
you using http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/ez_setup.py for the egg installs?

or some other method?

: D I was using Setuptools version 0.6c11 but I've gone over to the easy_setup
Modern way is pip and, optionally, virtualenv.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #41
twobob

okay. thanks guys. I used easy_setup with no pain. on the kindle. 3.

I'll go the modern way next time then, no doubt I will wipe all this at some point.

I commited the changes to just fixup the title errors for now and the extra subprocess import call mate. : ) Hope I did it right
Old 12-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #42
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
they have suport for easy_install soundcloud.. its on the github page...
Yep. I see the dist egg in the c9 account mate. That's why I asked
Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 AM   #43
qlob
Official Lurker

gimme a second, and I'll check...

err maybe not... I'm limited to just the Kindle and 3G right now...

would you be so kind as to put soundkloud.py up on qikpad.co.uk or piqd, so that i can view it with the Kindle?
Old 12-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #44
twobob

yep. let me go look at those services. one sec

http://qikpad.co.uk/p/e76lAkUNwc
Old 12-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #45
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
okay. thanks guys. I used easy_setup with no pain. on the kindle. 3.

I'll go the modern way next time then, no doubt I will wipe all this at some point.
I believe, pip is a drop-in replacement for easy_setup, so you don't need to wipe already installed eggs.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote