Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2008, 06:07 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
505 Disaster: Need Advice

My laptop tanked yesterday and the IT guys at work say the problem is in the hard drive where, among other things, I have my books stored.

The IT technician was able to recover all my files and I had them backed up anyway but I have to reload all the software that was on the thing. Dell is overnighting a new hard drive.

I asked the tech about the books I had stored in my Sony Ebooks Library and he said I'd have to reload the software and that he could not save over my books.

My concern is that I had just downloaded about a dozen Classics as party of the 100 free offer but had not moved them over to my reader. I assume the books that I do have on my reader can be copied back to my library

So, is there anyway to copy and save my books that are not yet on the Reader but are in my Library? If not will I have to download them again as though they were new purchases? Or is the Sony site like Fictionwise where I can re-download the books at any time at no additional charge?

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You can log back into the Sony site and redownload all you've purchased. Also you can pull off any books on your reader by copying them to the library.

You may need to call Sony to have them deauthorize your computer as the site will think the previous install and the new install are two different installs.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
When you get the laptop up and running again, just reinstall the Sony software and download the ebooks again.

You'll probably need to reauthorize the computer.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
When you get the laptop up and running again, just reinstall the Sony software and download the ebooks again.

You'll probably need to reauthorize the computer.
Unless you already have 6 devices registered, it's ok if the site thinks your computer is a new device. You will then have plenty of time to call Sony to remove the old computer authorization.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Thanks for the speed of light response. I only have that one computer authorized so it ought to be no problem.

Man, if you two had been any faster, the answer would have been posted before the question. This is a great site!
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert