Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-22-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
skinmaan
Wizard
skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.skinmaan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android tablet, Kindle KB
Free or discount book from Crossroad Press

I first noticed this coupon code when I got the "Graveyard Plots" short story collection by Bill Pronzini (link) from Amazon a few weeks ago. I thought the coupon expired in February, but just got an e-mail which told me it was still good.

If you use the coupon code "LeapYear" at the Crossroad Press website (http://store.crossroadpress.com) you can get $2.99 off any e-purchase, which can be an ebook or audiobook (they only have a couple, though). This means you can get a book for free (many titles are $2.99) or cheap.

The publisher is mostly focused on horror titles, though they are reprinting some authors moving their back catalog into digital media as well. Also, they publish novels based on the "Stargate" TV series if you like tie-ins. I got a Fritz Leiber story I had never read with mine.

Hope you enjoy.

Jeff
skinmaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #2
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
There are a few crime/mystery titles, I picked up Ed Lynskey's Ask the Dice. They accepted my Aussie address a bonus the last small press I tried wouldn't and they accept paypal
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the coupon! I picked up half of the entire collection of children's books for free!
(One of the two...)

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #4
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.Niall.Wils View Post
Glad you enjoyed the coupon.
I have a Kobo Vox. I normally just buy all my e-books from the Kobo store (and I appreciate that your books are non-agency, and eligible for Kobo's discount codes BTW!). If I buy it directly from your site, what's involved in copying them over to my Kobo, if you don't mind me asking?
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 01:21 AM   #5
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
The coupon is good for one use per customer. Unfortunately, sometime today, someone started creating fake accounts and logging in to re-use it and re-use it. We shut him down...I hate to make it harder to login and use the site, but we may have to find a way to require e-mail verification.

Promotion deleted - MODERATOR
Sorry to hear someone was trying to take advantage of your site David. There are always those who try to do such things though I guess.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-23-2012 at 07:16 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
David.Niall.Wils
Author & Digital Publishe
David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We expected it, and we're monitoring it. Hopefully we won't have to change something that will irritate customers. Also sorry that I (apparently) over-promoted on this thread and had half of what I posted deleted. Sadly, it's things like that that keep us from posting more frequently. Did not mean to offend.

DNW
David.Niall.Wils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
KentE
...still a Zealot
KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KentE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pixi & PC
Welcome, David!

Thanks for the inside info, David! I think we're all glad when publishers respond to threads here, sharing their side of the picture. I appreciate the offer very much, and picked up a nice book (a William Bayer title). I also spent time going through your website. I must say that I'm impressed by your vision, and I'm tickled with the concept of your publishing company. I'm apparently one of the rare people here who still prefer to read paper (and I utilize my local library systems extensively), but.... one of my favorite things about digital books is that it makes it practical to return to availability a lot of great books that have been out of print for some time. I loved reading that this is one of your missions, and you certainly have some good choices in your catalog!
I wish you great success, and please don't hesitate to continue to post on MR. The rules can be a little sticky at times, but please don't take offense. It's done to keep MR healthy without turning into a huge list of junk postings, and posts do get trapped by the rules sometimes.
Thanks,
Kent#
KentE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:59 AM   #8
David.Niall.Wils
David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David.Niall.Wils ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll be around, both with this account and as Crossroad Press more officially. Glad you enjoyed the site, and I'm a particular fan (and friend) to William Bayer so he'll be happy to have the sale.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
I'll be around, both with this account and as Crossroad Press more officially.
Glad to have you here. I have a question about the Stargate Atlantis books on Kobo. Here are the ones I've been able to find:

SGA-01
SGA-03
SGA-04
SGA-05
SGA-06
SGA-07
SGA-08
SGA-09
SGA-10
SGA-11
SGA-12
STARGATE SGA-14
STARGATE SGA-15
STARGATE SGA-17
SGA-18

The list above is exactly as they appear on Kobo (except I have removed the sub-title of each book). I only recently discovered that there were any other ones than #14, #15, and #17. When I first got my Kobo I searched for stargate, those three came up, and I bought them. I discovered late last night that piles of others are there, but without stargate in the title. I would have bought them months ago (Kobo discount codes have come and gone I would have used on them) if I'd known about them. I'd recommend making them more consistently titled (and probably making sure "Stargate" is added to the titles of the others.

Now a query, why are books #2, #13, and #16 missing (or are they labeled in a third way?) and when might they be added if they're not there? Book #2 is pretty important as it's the first in the series of new material (book 1 is a novelisation of the first couple of episodes of the TV show), and book #16 is particularly key as it's the beginning of the set of novels that sequel the TV series.

To bring this back on topic, if these books aren't going to be made available on Kobo perhaps I'll use this discount code to get them directly from Crossroads Press, though my preference is to buy them from Kobo (I like having all my purchased books available from the same store, in the same "cloud", etc.). Thanks again.

Last edited by scrapking; 03-23-2012 at 01:42 PM.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
David.Niall.Wils

We're working on that

There have been some issues on the Smashwords conversions. They should be trickling through shortly. A bunch just released. They are all available at our site too.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #11
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Thanks for the coupon, and for the interesting book I picked up. Love finding new publishers.
Now, I just need a few extra hours each day, or work out how to read and work in the garden at the same time. Yes, I do use audiobooks, but can't always afford them. Such is life. Sigh
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 04:34 PM   #12
David.Niall.Wils

You're very welcome.