>30 minutes 8 12.90%
30 minutes-1 hour 22 35.48%
1-2 hours 17 27.42%
2 hours plus 15 24.19%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-24-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
How long do you usually read for at night?

Just wondering how long you read before going to sleep? Not throughout the day but like brush your teeth then read for how long.

Last edited by The Terminator; 01-24-2011 at 11:48 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 07:56 PM   #2
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I watch little to no TV - so reading supplies my nightly entertainment. And I HATE to stop to honor a bedtime schedule!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
My evening reading is a bit variable. I checked "30min-1hr" as that is my typical end of day reading. I also read at lunch which adds 30-40min to my reading per day.

My wife and I generally watch little or no TV (any and all are actually from the web, generally Hulu) and normally take walks in the evening. Living in the Old Town portion of Key West, our walks frequently take us down Duval St. and generally include at least a little of Sunset Celebration at Mallory Square. The 1/2-1 hour of reading helps me wind down.

This winter I've been reading more than usual, upwards of 2 hours at the end of the day "reading in bed before lights out". My wife has been going through chemo for breast cancer since late fall and hasn't been up for our usual 1-1/2-3 mile evening walks very often, mostly due to the treatments leaving her weak but also do to it being "freezing cold" (by KW standards) with evening temps as low at 60F and sometimes even in the mid-50's!!!
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:51 PM   #4
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ya me too I usually read until I'm dead tired
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I'm a lifelong insomniac, so I take my sleeping pill, then read for two hours until it kicks in.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #6
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Clicked on 30 minutes-1 hour, but it depends on the book. I've been known to spend 3-4 hours finishing a book I can't put down.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #7
CazMar
Book Geek
CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CazMar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Asus MemPad 7" tablet, Nexus 5, Asus 10" tablet
Before retiring I had to limit reading to about 15 minutes - now I don't care! But I usually start to fall asleep after 30 minutes of lying in a comfortable bed with my Kobo. Page turning is so much easier and it's very relaxing.
CazMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
I checked 30 minutes to an hour, but it really depends on the book. If I'm not that into it, I might only last about 15 minutes. If I can't put it down I have stayed up, over night (meaning a good 5 or 6 hours), although anything over 4 hours usually means I'll suffer for it the next day. I have yet to try any serious night time reading w/ my Kindle, however, so those figures may change.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 PM   #9
McKillington
McKillington began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I cannot focus at night, plus I have to go to bed pretty early if I don't want to be dead the whole day. Also, I believe that first option needs to be <30 minutes.
McKillington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:35 PM   #10
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKillington View Post
I cannot focus at night, plus I have to go to bed pretty early if I don't want to be dead the whole day. Also, I believe that first option needs to be <30 minutes.
Yep:
> = greater than
< = less than

Thank you Mrs. Mann (6th grade teacher...beat my knuckles with a ruler)
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #11
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
from 5 minutes (VERY unusual) to all night.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #12
The Terminator
Retired

I've read for 7 hours in a day thats my record
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #13
Tattncat
Bookworm
Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tattncat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Tablet, Samsung Galaxy Tab3, Sony PRS700, Sony PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
I'm a lifelong insomniac, so I take my sleeping pill, then read for two hours until it kicks in.
Same here. I have done this since grade school.
Tattncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 12:06 AM   #14
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I have been reading too much lately. Eyes are on fire.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:49 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I always would love to read 2+ hours, but in reality I'm happy if I reach 30 minutes... My eyes usually close after 15 minutes after a normal working day...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote