Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-21-2017, 11:50 AM   #1651
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
The week (M-F) of daily freebies from Your Classical ends with a Ludwig van Beethoven piece, Piano Sonata No. 29 "Hammerklavier": II. Scherzo.

Clicking on "Direct MP3 download link" on this YourClassical webpage dedicated to the free piece automatically will download the piece to the place where the stuff that you download goes to.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 01:22 PM   #1652
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is the belated (belated on my part, not theirs that I know of) post of today's YourClassical free piece.

It is Le cheval de bronze: Overture, composed by Daniel-Francois Auber. The composer's name is a new one to me, once again (I know that his name, along with that of so many other such composers, are not unfamiliar to that classical music virtuoso).

The piece is a really good one, IMHO.

Download it (MP3 format) from this webpage, which is YourClassical's dedicated webpage for the free piece.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-24-2017 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #1653
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Ligonier Ministries is offering three free movements of composer Jeff Lippencott's Post Tenebras Lux, a symphonic work.

"This symphonic work celebrates the five-hundredth anniversary of the Reformation." However, the three free works, at least, are completely instrumental. I didn't notice anything that sounded like a religious song until the third movement, and it was very subdued. These are just good classical music compositions.

Lippencott is the founder and music director of the Santa Clarita Philharmonic. Additionally to his credit, he was Emmy-nominated. He's written several successful film scores, etc., etc. Learn more about him by following the Google hits about him on this webpage.

In order to get the free movements, you've got to be a member of Ligonier Ministries (it's free to join, although you may get some soft-peddled donation requests by phone a time or two), and go through a not-very-onerous shopping cart/checkout procedure. The freebies will be placed in your "member account," for downloading whenever you wish to do so.

I suggest that you start your exploration by listening to the streaming version, and such, here on this webpage.

The zip file that I downloaded contained three MP3's.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-25-2017 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:56 PM   #1654
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Free rental from Microsoft...

The Karate Kid (1984) - HD

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...kgwzl5tcx/004x
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #1655
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Free rental from Microsoft...

The Karate Kid (1984) - HD

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/stor...kgwzl5tcx/004x
Watched that back in the days before most people owned their own DVD players. They were rented out to us at Blockbuster, et al. where they also rented us the movie(s).

Anybody remember those days? Any young person amazed at how backward we were?
Old 04-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #1656
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I ran across a website, today, with all kinds of cool downloadables for children.

There are some (really cool) paper-based ones. But the reason that I'm telling about this website on the Media thread is that I was especially impressed with one called Library Skills Downloads. These are a bunch of age-appropriate short downloadable videos, with cartoonish characters and all of that, that seems like it would do a great job of holding a child's interest while teaching them a lot about using the library.

They come from a publisher that specializes (or maybe deals exclusively) with materials for children or educators. I had never heard of it before. It is Capstone Publishing.

I'm going to give you the URL of the website where you'll find a link to the library skills videos. Click on "Library Skills Downloadables." But same menu, which is located near the top left corner, will also list all kinds of other categories of high-quality downloadable and/or printable materials for children. And there's just a plethora of other areas all over the website that I just know that parents or educators will enjoy exploring.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-25-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #1657
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

YourClassical's freebie of the day is composer Francois Couperin's Les Nations, 4th Ordre, "La Piemontoise": I. Sonade.

It's a little too heavy on the violin, at the beginning, for me. In fact, one characteristic of the composition is that the instrumentation, volume, tempo, etc. change from one to another quite frequently.

Download the piece from YourClassical's dedicated webpage for the free MP3 piece, located here.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:52 PM   #1658
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Here's a free DSD album from Primephonic:

http://dsd-guide.com/music-lovers-cr...s#.WP-SjvkrKM8 ---- Look to the right side of the page for Primephonic.

They actually have 3 free album compilations (I think).

You'll need to register in order to download the compilation.

It's 508 Mb.

Here's the cover, below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3fa60500-block697-907b085f16fc198931ed5850c618909b5a094801_09108z09008y000000.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	156374  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-25-2017 at 06:56 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:25 PM   #1659
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post

http://dsd-guide.com/music-lovers-cr...s#.WP-SjvkrKM8 ---- Look to the right side of the page for Primephonic.

It's 508 Mb.

Here's the cover, below.
Great find!
Old 04-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #1660
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:

http://welcome.primephonic.com/dsd-a...edium=referral

So, were you able to actually order the album? I finally convinced their site to create an account (had to use google to find the hidden registernow page), but just get an error message that my email address is invalid during checkout (same error it gave trying to checkout & create account at same time).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:57 PM   #1661
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I always forget about FreeGal. Need to remember to take advantage of that.

I've got my eye on this set, so hopefully it'll go on sale at some point or I'll get it as a gift...
http://www.arkivmusic.com/classical/...bum_id=2250617
Does $140 count as a sale?
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 08:05 PM   #1662
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

It's 508 Mb.

Here's the cover, below.
Lima, we have a problem.

I got a webpage that offered the album, gave a button to click, and a code (EPICDSD). But when I clicked on the webpage, I didn't see the album for free--all of them were priced.

Those of you who are true audiophiles, probably know this, but "DSD Files Require Extra Software & Equipment."
Old 04-25-2017, 08:08 PM   #1663
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Okay. Let me give you a registration webpage that I dug up. It may be the only webpage for that. Anyway, it's http://dsd-guide.com/user/register.

After I signed up, I got a webpage that said, "A validation e-mail has been sent to your e-mail address. You will need to follow the instructions in that message in order to gain full access to the site."

That's as far as I've gotten so far.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #1664
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
Does $140 count as a sale?
It depends upon what you're buying.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:14 PM   #1665
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
http://welcome.primephonic.com/dsd-a...edium=referral

So, were you able to actually order the album? I finally convinced their site to create an account (had to use google to find the hidden registernow page), but just get an error message that my email address is invalid during checkout (same error it gave trying to checkout & create account at same time).

It's almost finished downloading. I don't know if it's any faster (probably not), but I use their downloader. I've never actually purchased anything from them (yet), but I do have those 3 albums, now that I checked further.

I didn't have any problems, myself, when I joined about 2 or 3 months ago.

I use Firefox on a MacBook Pro.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
disney movies anywhere, dma, movies anywhere, moviesanywhere