Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Update: BookCreator_v1.04.zip

This will most likely be the last update for a while, bar any nasty bug.

What's New
- Fixed Infinite loop bug that occurred when executing the "Auto Chapters...". This happened if the last line in the document was all upper case i.e. "THE END".

- Altered formatting styles "DEDICATED" and "CITE" to make the text more ledgeable on the smaller devices like PRS-505

=X=
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v1.04.zip (42.1 KB, 1504 views)

Last edited by =X=; 09-04-2008 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Clarification added v1.04 attachemnt
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #17
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
What's New
- Fixed Infinite loop bug that occurred when executing the "Auto Chapters...". This happened if the last line in the document was all upper case i.e. "THE END".
Grin... I can imagine that happening. The same happened to me when testing a program that relied on Postal Codes. I used "9999 ZZ" as terminator because that one does not excist her in the Netherlands. I wasn't the only one.

Thanks for the speedy updates.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #18
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Pardon me for being obtuse, but do I need both zip files? If the 1.04 version is a replacement, why is it the original file still attached to the message?
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 02:19 PM   #19
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Pardon me for being obtuse, but do I need both zip files? If the 1.04 version is a replacement, why is it the original file still attached to the message?
Hi Elsi you are not being obtuse at all. It was my attempt of having some sort of version control.

I do see how this is confusing. I'll update the initial post with my latest zip, thank you for the feedback.

=X=
Old 09-14-2008, 03:54 PM   #20
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 500, 505, 350, Kindle 3, DXG, nook, Irex DR800SG, iPad
Can someone help me with this error I get when I try and convert a book to lit format using bookcreator.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lit error.JPG
Views:	1602
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	16278  
Madam Broshkina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:18 AM   #21
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Broshkina View Post
Can someone help me with this error I get when I try and convert a book to lit format using bookcreator.
Try playing with the "Convert to MS Reader Format" check box. I typically have the check box turned off. I believe the default is on.

Can you post a sample of the source you are using?

=X=
Old 09-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #22
=X=
Wizard

New Version 2.0

Reorganized Tool bar
Added
- Import File button
- Tool bar menu
(Guttenberg Friendly tools)
o Fixed em-dash (converts -- to – d )
o Converts text between underscore _My Text_ to My Text italics)
o Removes leading white space
o Converts ASCII carriage return and/or line feeds to Microsoft Word paragraph type. This elevates some of the edit problem that arises when editing.
- Added support to convert Word file directly to LRF
o Create an LRF file from Word
o Save directly to the SONY Reader
Attached Files
File Type: zip BookCreator_v2.0.zip (132.0 KB, 1143 views)

Last edited by =X=; 09-15-2008 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Fixed indents
Old 09-15-2008, 05:27 PM   #23
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse
Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Madam Broshkina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Try playing with the "Convert to MS Reader Format" check box. I typically have the check box turned off. I believe the default is on.

Can you post a sample of the source you are using?

=X=
I tried turning the check box off. No luck. Attached is the file I am working with.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Uncanny Tales.doc (287.5 KB, 1145 views)
Old 09-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #24
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
I tried turning the check box off. No luck. Attached is the file I am working with.
I tried using version 2.0 and get the same error, but was successful using the new lrf creator.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #25
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
I tried using version 2.0 and get the same error, but was successful using the new lrf creator.
I've tried the document you posted. I did not have any problems/warnings creating the LIT or the LRF.

I'm not sure what the problem is. What version of Word are you using?

=X=
Old 09-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #26
Madam Broshkina
Manic Do Fuse

Quote:
I've tried the document you posted. I did not have any problems/warnings creating the LIT or the LRF.

I'm not sure what the problem is. What version of Word are you using?

=X=
I am using Microsoft Word 2003. Everything used to work great before I wiped my system and started from scratch. But now that you have the new LRF feature I no longer need to make a lit file and then convert it using Calibre anymore.
Old 09-16-2008, 01:45 PM   #27
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
Madam Broshkina: It sounds like a security setting for macro's in word. I don't have my windows machine here to give you the exact path, but when I re-installed my home computer I needed to turn down the macro security to make things work correctly again.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:22 AM   #28
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi, I tried the new version 2.0 but as soon as try to load the BookCreator.dot file by double clicking it, it gives me an "Error During Load". None of the buttons work. I get an error stating that the macro is not loaded. I lowered the security settings from medium to low but that didn't help.

On this machine I'm working with XP and Word 2003. Tonight I can test it on Vista

Last edited by Ortep; 09-18-2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-18-2008, 12:35 PM   #29
Abisha
Connoisseur
Abisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it isAbisha knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Exclamation

I'm completely new to the ebook scene, so I'm not sure if it is something wrong on my end. Essentially the problem I'm having is that after I 'allow" the macro to be run inside Word (2007), I recieve an error. I have included a couple screen shots, hopefully they will help solve this riddle. Thanks to the author for his hard work.

-Abisha
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Macro Error.jpg
Views:	1268
Size:	13.2 KB
ID:	16346   Click image for larger version

Name:	DeBUG error.jpg
Views:	1286
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	16347  
Abisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 04:27 PM   #30
Ortep
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
On this machine I'm working with XP and Word 2003. Tonight I can test it on Vista
Quoting myself, brilliant. On my Vista machine everything works fine